RetroRoadRide Series Rd 4: The Cotswolds ~ AFTERMATH pg.5

bobbinogs

Retro Guru
The Retrobike RetroRoadRide Series 2014

Round 4: The Cotswolds

So happy people, you have a great opportunity to show off your pride and joy (!) around the Cotswolds. Daj and Bobbinogs are planning two routes: one will be undulating and not too long (to be taken at a leisurely pace) and one will be slightly more punchy, a reasonable distance and slightly brisker (particularly if there is any nonsense involving cheese at the cafe...)

DRAFT Details:

:: Date: Saturday 19th July 2014

:: Time: 10 am for a 10:30am start.

:: Meeting at: Probably Daj's palace which has plenty of parking. Failing that we am sure we can come up with a plan B. In any case, the start point will be Stow on the Wold in the heart of the Cotswolds. Exact location and timings will be confirmed closer to the event.

:: Terrain: The Cotswolds does not tend to have big long alpine climbs (surprise surprise) and the hills are generally short and sharp but both routes have been configured to be amenable to all, although the longer route may benefit from kinder gearing.

:: Routes: The shorter route is ~20 miles to the cafe stop and then return. The longer route will be about 32 miles to the cafe stop, and then about another 25 miles return. Here is the final draft so that you can get some idea:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5085786

:: Accommodation: There are plenty of places to stay in the area including a few campsites if you want to make a weekend of it.

:: Cafe Lunch: The plan is that we all meet at the cafe which will be the Black Cat in Northleach, set in a lovely small market square. There is an easy plan B in case final arrangements necessitate a switch.

Please sign up on this thread.

Riders to date:
Bobbinogs
Daj
Uncle Monty
Random Man
Grumpycommuter
jwarrens84
Tarloone
jon w

Re: RetroRoadRide Series Rd 4: The Cotswolds ~ 19/07/14

hmmmm I might tag along!! :LOL: :LOL:

If the weather is good I am sure I can sort a BBQ out :cool:

Awesome, I plan to come on my 84 Gazelle AA-Super Monostay / Shimano AX Group

daj":sz6b3qyj said:

If you go for a bbq let us know if you want anything bringing along. Can supply meat, beer, pudding and cheese :)

grumpycommuter":2l9ha568 said:
daj":2l9ha568 said:

If you go for a bbq let us know if you want anything bringing along. Can supply meat, beer, pudding and cheese :)

Beer... Did you say beer?!? :D

If you are a good boy :)

Have you recovered your mojo then?

Not interested in the pudding choices then?

grumpycommuter":too8k02k said:
If you are a good boy :)

Have you recovered your mojo then?

Not interested in the pudding choices then?

Not recovered but trying to force it!

Pudding?? Meat and beer !!!

Back