Bought this today...

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
What appears to be a new or new old Tange Prestige frame. It's nice and light, looks well made and 'pings' nicely. I spotted it in the window of a bike shop in Teignmouth whilst on a day out with my girlfriend. It had no price on so I went in to enquire the guy in the shop said it is prestige but in his words "no-one wants it 'cos it doesn't have disc mounts". I ask how much, he said £35 and that was that...(whatever it is I think it was worth that)
Not sure where to go with the build but whatever It'll be a light weight job, rigid forks etc...

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,676
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,676
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,676
  • frame4.jpg
    frame4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,676
iv got one of those! bought it about 3 years ago, paid about £30 too, mines in bubblewrap in the loft, awaiting future retro build up. so far i have amassed most of the bits to build it up, all nos, marzocchi xcr forks, 8speed xt front and rear mechs, sugino 900 cranks, onza ho brakes, ritchey adjustable offset levers, xrays, kore bar and stem, sachs quartz hubs on ritchey rock rims, onza porcs. and a pair of those light azonic waterbottle cages that i got at the malvern classic one year.and an old style crud catcher. when i see bits in bargain bins i snap em up to go on the 'old build', but the truth is i will probably never build it up. its not hurting being stored in boxes ;)

Prestige

One of my LBS bought over a 100 of them a few years back for £25 each, knocked them out for £75- still cheap, they were built up for Specialized, just as Ally became De rigour!

Back