What model is my Falcon project?

That's a Majorca and probably built at the time I worked there. The lug lining would have been metallic 'gold' (not that I'd ever seen gold that colour) and the seat post isn't original as it's far too long. They were imported Tange frames and fitted with Shimano 600 Arabesque kit.

Nice length to that seat post & the stem raised dangerous close to coming out 😮

Looking at it I reckon the only original bits left are the stem, some of the headset, possibly the BB and if I'm honest I'm not convinced on the stem. The rest has been changed so it might have been broken up at some point in its life and then someone built it up from a frame with what they had to hand. My Professional came as a bare frame and I've built that up several different ways since I've owned it.

The lug lining on mine looks black or at least something dark but I'd have to get it out of the garage and have a proper look at it and tbh if Jim says its gold then I'd trust that a lot more than my memory.

Lug lining colours changed at some point, likely at the point the frames changed to having cable guides on the top tube, I'm pretty certain that both colours of early frames had gold while later on the pearl white had dark lining while the blue/grey finish had a lighter colour.
Having said that, as with all things Falcon at the time stuff varied on almost a daily basis depending on which Far Eastern supplier was cheapest - as long as certain people could be chauffeured around in a vanity-plated Roller then product specifications and quality took second place.

Thanks for all the help and advice all.

It certainly deserves a strip, check the frame is straight and then building back up (mostly as it is now) to get riding it asap.

Should I start a different thread for a rebuild story or just include it in this one?

Not really a period of my life I care to remember in any detail but I worked for Falcon for about 18 months sometime between 1980-83, no idea as to the exact dates. I remember Brigg being cold, wet and mostly closed.

Back