What If......Tushingham B.52 build - Huge post grab a cuppa.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1se188rp said:
Lovely and the yellow Clockwork pricks interest. Be cautious though as I have had a few early bikes with miss leading decals like the hand built one. The serial number suggests a Taiwan A Pro frame.

It’s your old Yellow fade clockwork Ed :facepalm:

Superb thread this, perfect reading whilst eating my breakfast. And you have done a super job. Definitely a bike of the month contender, possibly more...

Re:

WOW.

Im a little in Awe of this if im honest, theirs a huge glut of outstanding builds at the moment, all evident on BOTM, but for me this surpasses them all.

Exceptional detail with quality to match, and with some quite clever thought process to enhance the bike based on the tubing upgrade from your previous build.

I love the disc, given the Muddy Fox tie in, and the evidence of Oranges use of a Disc too, this "of its time" addition is beyond doubt in my mind, and exceptionally well executed.

The time and effort required to achieve the end result is rarely seen with British brands to my mind, and always seems reserved for bicycle business owners refurbishing bikes like the Mantis Valkyrie in this months BOTM.

Andrew, i take my hat off to you, i dont think i have seen such a deserving winner for a BOTM for a long time.

And if you do enter it, it will certainly get my Vote.

Hands Down.

Its the epitome of our time and what was coming, and thats for sure...!

Bravo.

Attachments

• Tushingham B52-Race Day..jpg
    Tushingham B52-Race Day..jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 318

Cheshire1980":ayygyvby said:
brocklanders023":ayygyvby said:
Lovely and the yellow Clockwork pricks interest. Be cautious though as I have had a few early bikes with miss leading decals like the hand built one. The serial number suggests a Taiwan A Pro frame.

Oh. :| :facepalm: :LOL:

Had forgotten about mine having that. :LOL: Should never have sold that one really as I want it back now! :facepalm:

Really enjoyed that OP. It tinkled memories of looking at very early magazine articles way back when!

I remember that Exage groupset. I had it on my 87 (I think) Dawes Wildcat. I remember hauling on the brakes as hard as I could due to some terror induced calamity, and feeling the levers start to flex!

brocklanders023":em4bxh83 said:
Cheshire1980":em4bxh83 said:
brocklanders023":em4bxh83 said:

Oh. :| :facepalm: :LOL:

Had forgotten about mine having that. :LOL: Should never have sold that one really as I want it back now! :facepalm:

Its nice to see here, it adds so much to so many previous conversations and debates, and whilst i cant believe you sold it with that decal still in place, i think it is in safe hands Ed, you chose its custodian wisely me thinks.

Attachments

• But made in the Far east..jpg
    But made in the Far east..jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 306
  • handbuilt in the Uk..jpg
    handbuilt in the Uk..jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 305
Thanks for the comment's folks, still a couple of bits to find for it before I'll consider it done...
XT crank caps, maybe a pair of XT pedals to replace the VP copies that are on at the moment.

Anyone who has a Works Replica, I'd like to make you an offer lol....

Now hunting for Deore DX for the yellow clockwork...

Andy.

Re:

What an absolutely superb build! I love that you did the wheel disc too, it was fashionable to fit the black and neon yellow Muddy Fox versions round here, perfect for getting the 'Tomac rumble' without the expense of a Tioga DD!

If it were mine, I'd source a set of the Shimano 'One Key Release' bolts for the your cranks, most of the black M730 XT cranks I own (way too many!) have these fitted, especially the Biopace version. Excuse the photo, here's a set I had to hand!

Attachments

• FB5112ED-626D-4EF8-85CA-53E9581F6100.jpeg
    FB5112ED-626D-4EF8-85CA-53E9581F6100.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 216
Back