What ever happened to Formula Bikes?

Re: found a few pics

burkeredh":aunt0bqw said:
i was looking through my mags and pics the other daay and found these, hope you like.

Sweeeet! You the man!! Thank you!! A couple more day's and then I'm picking her up.

More scans...

Attachments

• f101.jpg
    f101.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 1,653
  • f102.jpg
    f102.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,652
  • f103.jpg
    f103.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 1,652
  • f104.jpg
    f104.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,653
Ha ha ha,

She's got such ickle feet...I didn't realise they made childs SPD shoes :D

Fomula One Mountain Bike

Hi there, I'm really taken back by all the information on this forum about the Formula One bikes and race team. I was a member of the race team in 1992 and have many fond memories of riding for the team and riding the bikes, which were high level technology at the time. The team consisted of Deb Murell, (Me) John Samways and Damian White, the team was run by a guy called Jim and was over seen by David Price of DPS. During the season I was given a training bike and then later a race bike (which I rode for the very first time at the first round of the 7up NPS at Margam Park) I was then later given a road bike which had the same carbon frame as the mtb but had a chrome conventional rear triangle and was equipped with Campag Chorus. I rode the 7up NPS series, National champs (2nd) and Grundig world cup in Germany + European champs. Riding for the team was an awsome experience and I was very sad when I had to hand back the bikes to Dave Price at the expo race at Alexandra Palace at the end of the year. If anyone has any photo's of this era I'd love to see them. I'll also take a look an see what photo's I have and upload them. I still have some momentos from my time with Fomula One, but It would be cool to ride one again :D .

Good to hear your memories John. Road bike!?! Don't remember them making a road bike (my memory is crap!). Photos would be excellent!

someone on here bought a formula for a couple of hundred quid within the last 12 months. be nice if it could be tempted out to the fod ride?????

My Formula 1's

Hi Guys, As promised I have been able to scan in a couple of pictures one of my Fomula One Mtb race bike and another with the road bike in the background. The Mtb was a bit tough going on the climbs but it would desend brilliantly. The road bike had quite a high bottom bracket for a road bike which was a little strang to ride initially but once used to it it was great for powering through corners, as you could get the bike well leant over without hitting the road with the pedals, so good for crits and circuit races.

I have uploaded the 1992 National Mountain Bike Championships footage of the junior race on to youtube where you can see me and my F1 missout on the National title by 18 seconds. I also attach the race write up from Mountain Biker Magazine. Hope you enjoy the pics and race footage :D

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Nationals MTB Press.jpg
    Nationals MTB Press.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 1,013
Back