What are your favourite bike buys of 2023?

I recently bought a Slingshot frame which is something I’ve wanted for years but never thought I’d get. Super excited about this and don’t intend to fiddle around for ages building it as is normally (always) the case. Can’t wait to get it ridden!

The biggest event of the year was the completion of a GT edge Ti road bike. I bought the NOS frame 7 years ago in celebration of recovery from long-term illness, which turned out to be, well, 7 years premature. I’m now able to cycle a little so could finally justify the build.
To say I’m chuffed would be a understatement as it’s exceeded all expectations; fast, wonderfully smooth and holds speed unlike any bike I’ve owned before (think the Campag Neutron Ultra wheels help here).
A nice surprise is just how sweet mid 90s 8 speed Ergopower shifters are. Who knew!

Any bike that yields either a frame I want, or parts I want, and the sale of the other element either covers the initial outlay, part thereof, or even generates a profit to fund or pay off other purchases.

A recent purchase which I was mostly interested in the frameset of actually yielded a decent bunch of parts (after a good clean up);
IMG_5695.jpeg

I built/rebuilt/resto’d 6 bikes this year. Of all the bits that have been tinkered with, I find myself most excited about a brand new set of Mavic CrossRide wheels. They were on ebay for a reasonable price. Bladed spokes, straight pull hubs, eyeleted holes, zero miles, and none of that crusty ceramic junk on the braking surface.
IMG_8261.jpeg IMG_8262.jpeg IMG_8263.jpeg IMG_8264.jpeg

Last edited:
Any bike that yields either a frame I want, or parts I want, and the sale of the other element either covers the initial outlay, part thereof, or even generates a profit to fund or pay off other purchases.

A recent purchase which I was mostly interested in the frameset of actually yielded a decent bunch of parts (after a good clean up);
View attachment 805915
Nice haul there

Back