Vernon Barker Cycles is up for sale as a complete business

KondratievsBike

Dave Yates Fan
Couldn't think where else to put it.

They used to be MB Dronfield.

It's not mine and I only know coz there was a sign on the door when I went to pick up my beautifully repaired Dave Yates built Condor.

Maybe we could all club together and buy it? Imagine having frame building gear, jigs and a paint oven!

No? Okay then :LOL:

I'm wondering why they put the business up for sale? I have encountered similar situations several times. And they all had different reasons. One of the reasons is the threat of bankruptcy. A similar thing happened to my husband at work. His boss said he wanted to start a new business. Because the old one was already on the verge of bankruptcy. He believed that the best solution would be to sell the old one. However, after consulting with lawyers, he decided that it would be better to liquidate his business. After consulting with lawyers, he began to prepare all the necessary documents for the company liquidation. After the liquidation of his business, he began to think over the implementation of a new one. And you know, his new business has become even more successful than it was. I think every entrepreneur understands what will be best for his business.

Vernon isn't getting any younger so possibly wants to retire and the business is rather old school in a good and bad way (or at least it was when I last visited about a decade ago). There's probably some value in the name etc for someone and possibly a reasonable chance to make a lot more money out it. His prices always felt reasonable rather than eye bleeding compared to some newer shops.

I think the owner (Dave) is retiring, I heard Vernon Barker retired a few years back and just does a bit of part time work on frame building.

Back