Venturi Columbus Genius Italian 🇮🇹 Fillet Brazed unique race MTB

I installed an XTR chain rather than the KMC as the KMC looks too modern.
Also I follows advice and used an inner to thread the rear brake cable through this guide though tried to tidy it up using an outer extending towards the rear canti hanger

Attachments

• 6EFE5BF4-EF2F-4F2B-BFB0-9FF3BF69ED58.jpeg
    6EFE5BF4-EF2F-4F2B-BFB0-9FF3BF69ED58.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 40
I'd remove that little piece of outer between the guide and the hanger personally, as it's not doing anything.

From that pic it looks like you could fit a standard recessed seatpost bolt, which would look spot on imo, unless you'd prefer a QR?

I have a nice purple one, it will match the nipples... ;) 🤣
Hahaha!!! Or you could be a good mate and change the
I'd remove that little piece of outer between the guide and the hanger personally, as it's not doing anything.

From that pic it looks like you could fit a standard recessed seatpost bolt, which would look spot on imo, unless you'd prefer a QR?
Thanks I’ll do that. I thought the outer would give it some stability but doesn’t make any difference
Might need a white inner for that bit or use some locktight to cut the black outer fine and keep it in.
im after a bolt binder as no need for a QR as Seatpost doesn’t come off much

I believe it is there to catch the straddle cable in case of a failure, so you don't face plant...
Never thought of that!
I used it as I’m used to an arched canti hanger connecting the top two rear triangle tubes enabling the cable to be flush centre when connected to the free hanging hanger - this lacks that so the cable goes down at an angle giving it an odd appearance

My Italian mate tried to call the Venturi shop in Cesena - but no luck, no answer. It may have been closed down. Probably the oldest bike shop in Italy - who made this frame. They don’t have a website neither - a shame as I’d have liked to know it’s history and that of its construction

Sorry rest of the post has vanished
Hahaha
Changes the purple raspberries to something else !!
I do have a penchant for prominent ripples - but purple doesn’t do it for me

I believe it is there to catch the straddle cable in case of a failure, so you don't face plant...

I'm talking about the bit of outer cable at the rear brake

Never thought of that!
I used it as I’m used to an arched canti hanger connecting the top two rear triangle tubes enabling the cable to be flush centre when connected to the free hanging hanger - this lacks that so the cable goes down at an angle giving it an odd appearance

Plenty of bikes had the rear cantis pulling at an angle. It's not perfect but it is how they were designed. As you said you could trim the sleeve down just to protect the paint a bit though.

Back