Two heads are Better than One,..Roberts WSII Drop Bar Build.

Re: Two heads are Better than One.......

Rod_Saetan":3uj51zic said:
Rad.

I am lead to believe these are the lever of choice for those rockin' dirt drops:

ViewComponent.aspx

Do you know how good Chas' records were, ie if he made note of model/tube specs by frame number, and if so, who has those records now?

Do you think its a fail with the Drop bars...? Open to suggestions Roly...?

I know the records were in a state of Flux, last time I enquired, but His memory sure wasn't, and Winston was a great help as was Brian, I mean, when they were presented with my stratos that was in need of a tube, he remembered the stem for it had resided in his office desk drawer for the last 20 odd years, I mean what are the odds of mating the stem that was never used to the actual frame it was made for.. :shock:

I think the like frame numbers, info + specifics are patchy, given all the volume and work load over the years, I wondered many times how a small frame shop kept up with it all. I guess no one expected such a resurgence of interest in Retro MTBs, which is a great shame especially where British Steel is concerned.

I have enquired many times about the Original white Spider with chainstay mounted U brake, my missing link.

Re:

Looks like it's going to be awesome, I just recall someone citing those levers as 'the best' period drop bar lever, iirc as recommended by the WTB peeps.

I might be going to see Winston soon so I'll see what he says.

Re: Re:

Rod_Saetan":11fravgk said:
Looks like it's going to be awesome, I just recall someone citing those levers as 'the best' period drop bar lever, iirc as recommended by the WTB peeps.

I might be going to see Winston soon so I'll see what he says.

Phew, I originally wanted Superbe Pro, but couldn't source any that weren't hanging, then I looked at the Modolo aero levers and they were a little bright even for this build.

Just show the frame to Winston, he will know on sight I reckon..,

So come on, don't hold back, what little gem have you got tucked away...?

Re:

Why can't I see which levers WTB recommend (issue viewing Rod's picture!?)
Cheers

Id be interested to see it too.

(Ive been struggling to upload scans also, only just managed to upload one of the ads that caused so much confusion between the Roberts Stratos and White Spider II, on the previous page)

Re:

Suntour Command Shifters I hope will be a better option than barcon shifters.

Attachments

• Suntour Command Shifters, And John Tomacs Actual Race bike on loan to MBUK and Dave Test pilot..JPG
    Suntour Command Shifters, And John Tomacs Actual Race bike on loan to MBUK and Dave Test pilot..JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 447
Re:

That looks really nice S.

Good to see something different from the norm on paint jobs, love the look of drops and was tempted to try them on the leopard but I have never got on with em, weird really as they seem to make sense for comfort and control, especially with those shifters.

RBG

sinnerman":3lqmmxdc said:
Id be interested to see it too.

(Ive been struggling to upload scans also, only just managed to upload one of the ads that caused so much confusion between the Roberts Stratos and White Spider II, on the previous page)
That ad is a little bit silly isn't it. Not sure they meant to do that but if you were going by the advert only it is misleading...

I've not had any experience with a drop bar set up so would be very interested to know how it turns out.

Back