1992 Roberts Black Leopard

That is looking sweet now! It´s on the compact side regarding TT length, isn´t it? Looks like a comfy ride.

That is looking sweet now! It´s on the compact side regarding TT length, isn´t it? Looks like a comfy ride.
The TT is 20.5'' from the centre of the head tube to the centre of the seat tube on an 18'' frame.

It is definitely set up for a more comfortable ride and it would work well with drop bars. It's the nicest fit of any of my bikes, it's certainly not for tearing about on the way the Klein is, with its 22'' TT that basically insists that you go fast whether you want to or not.

😍 That looks like one smooth ride. Certainly looks pretty compact vs. a more stretched and race orientated Klein position. Such a lovely build and great to see it getting some action! 😍

:cool: very nice

Curious with the change back to XTR, did you ever build it with the Mavic to compare? Looks nice and clean, liking the flite too :)

:cool: very nice

Curious with the change back to XTR, did you ever build it with the Mavic to compare? Looks nice and clean, liking the flite too :)
I dressed it in the Mavic, but never cabled it up so I've no idea how it would compare. I love the Mavic and was committed to using it, however there was this nagging feeling about the XTR from the moment i sold it, firstly I put a a lot of effort into cleaning it up including a complete strip down and rebuild of the brifters, no mean feat especially as it was my first attempt at any shifters.
P6060288.JPG P6060295.JPG P6060285.JPG P6060302.JPG P6060290.JPG

It bothered me that I'd never get to use them after the traumatic ordeal that we'd gone through together. Also it's XTR, I've never had an XTR group, and so even without the bonding that occurred during the clean up I just felt I'd missed an opportunity to experience an iconic group set for myself. But even beyond that - it came with the bike, it was almost certainly assembled in the Roberts workshop, they belong together, splitting it just went against the grain for me.

So I dropped a pm to the buyer just to enquire whether he'd done anything with it, and if not whether he'd be open to reversing the deal, and he was. The bike seems to thank me every time I click the shifter. :)

I agree about the Flite, and a big thanks to @Peachy for the wonderful job he did bringing it back to life. 👍

b4.jpeg aftr.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the XTR looks really nice on the bike, and you certainly put a lot of effort into returning it to its former glory. I did not notice it came originally with the bike, so I think you made the right choice in the end 👍

Lovely, lovely, lovely bike.

You've smashed it with the build and it looks an absolute blast to ride.

It's also not one you see every day.

Congrats!

Can't wait to vote for it in BOTM one day!

Latest posts

Back