Today's Ride

Summer's brief reprise.

Stepped back into August this morning, to begin what would become a warm sunny day.

13°c, watching the sun rise over the horizon at Kilnhurst.
Screenshot_20211007-223016_Gallery.jpg
The ride home just as good, and much warmer than yesterday. 20°c.
It's surprising what the right angle can conceal - a large factory about 20ft to the right. Screenshot_20211007-223136_Gallery.jpg
Cut-through to the canal near Mexborough Station. Screenshot_20211007-223058_Gallery.jpg

There is a group of old guys like myself who meet daily at the same place and time. No fixed list, just whoever shows up. Yesterday no one else did, so I rode alone. That meant I took a harder ride than their usual, and ended up poised on top of "Heart Attack Hill," ready to ride back to town. I turned on the GoPro and got an amazing downhill run off the mountain and even through town.

There is a group of old guys like myself who meet daily at the same place and time. No fixed list, just whoever shows up. Yesterday no one else did, so I rode alone. That meant I took a harder ride than their usual, and ended up poised on top of "Heart Attack Hill," ready to ride back to town. I turned on the GoPro and got an amazing downhill run off the mountain and even through town.

Thank you for sharing Charlie. I wish I could join you for a ride like that. Awesome stuff.

Back