Today's Ride

Today-Thursday-I looked at Today's Ride this AM and saw that a spammer had put up a bunch of crap on the thread, so I asked the mods if they could delete his stuff. Apparently the delete button was hit the wrong way and it deleted the whole almost 3 years of this thread :shock: -they are supposed to be trying to restore previous posts, and hopefully they will succeed :) -So I'm starting it up again-It was a cool morning, about 68 F. when I went on a flat spinning ride to SF Bay and back along Corte Madera Creek-foggy on the bay, and cool...
FairfaxPat , now that is amazing, not jealous at all.
Tim

It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon. But I went out in the late morning and it chucked it down at the furthest point in the ride. I sheltered under a tree and munched several hundred calories of Waitrose soft nougat with hazelnuts, which I can recommend; then, downpour over, but streams flowing down the sides of the roads, I carried on.

I took the road bike today, mainly because I'm trying, first, to work out whether I want to keep it and, second, whether I could get on with drop bars on a gravel bike. In fact, the bike was up for sale recently but a lack of buyers gave me time to reconsider. The jury's still out on the road bike.
PXL_20220601_123328744.jpg
PXL_20220601_123406908.jpg

S1lJioF.jpg

P2QiM7D.jpg

j4RrbJU.jpg

OmTKa1R.jpg

4DSukrr.jpg

dny7XH6.jpg

35zY7dI.jpg

A ride along the promenade from Fleetwood to the tram terminus south of the pleasure beach at Starr gate, Blackpool, passing through Bispam, Cleveleys (approx 20 mile round trip) 20 degrees and a nice breeze to keep us from overheating. Couple of stops along the way to take in the sites and great fish and chips on our return to Fleetwood.

Congratulations to Northwest water for their amazing transformation of this stretch of coastline. The promenades are in excellent condition many of them being newly constructed/surfaced. The wide Sandy beaches are absolutely spotless. A far cry from what I remember as a child. Apparently, the beaches now have blue flag status. Cleveleys and Bispham appear to cater largely for the “ retired set” Blackpool for … well… you know

Latest posts

Back