Today's Ride

Why are you respraying it or are you going for a colour change ?

Looks pretty nice and original to me.

Cracking frames.
Thanks, they ride very nice and often gets comments when I am out riding it. Frame in sound condition but some rust on the chain stays/bottom bracket area that needs treatment, going to get mudguard eyelets at the same time. In as near original as possible, just need to decide to either take it to Roberts or Varonha for the work 🤔

A long long time ago, in a place far away I used to contribute to this thread, but then an evil monster invaded the realm I inhabit, and a great sickness was cast upon me. Since that day my favoured modes of conveyance have lain idle whilst I fought the monster, waiting patiently for my triumphant return...

I keep two bikes in the hallway, to remind me of what once was. Tonight I needed to pop to the supermarket to pick up a couple of bits. A local road is closed, pedals and towpath called, I couldn't resist. It has been so long...

Only two miles and a mighty struggle, even at a gentle pace. Light headed at my destination and almost passing out on reaching my front door... My battle with the monster is not done. Screenshot_20220427-201629_Gallery.jpg It might be a little while before I go out again.

Todays ride . Cow slips, Six pack,Ale and canal boats .....more tomorrow .

Myself and mucker Dave headed east out of Ram city on a much ridden escape route to Kegworth . From there we made our way to East Leake ,where I needed an unscheduled hot drink . With the cold easterly breeze I felt nesh . Onwards to Old Dalby we spun thro the lanes .
Old Dalby was one the home of a large REME depot .This was sold off some 25/30 years go and now the home of light industry . A railway test track runs close by . Grovelling up hill to the B676 we made our way to our cafe stop at Nice Pie . Now the snap here makes it well worth a visit .
On leaving NP we headed west to Six Hills {pack} and Walton on the Wolds which is a lovely spin . Onto Cotes {Here abouts we past my mate Pat H churning out the miles on his WF Holdsworth .Pat is well in his 80's and clocks up good mileage} , Stanford on Soar & Normaton on Soar .These villages have lots of old world charm . Finally we rode through Sutton Bonington ,Kegworth and back into Ram City . .
Only a couple of pictures as I was to dam nesh to take more .It did not really warm up until we got back to the outskirts of R C . DSCN1787.JPG DSCN1789.JPG DSCN1791.JPG

Last edited:
Bitter north easterly wind AGAIN this morning but dry, high cloud. Air temperature barely at 5/6. A shorter loop since I was NT volunteering over at Hellesveor today, where thankfully, it warmed up at last!

tcYGtW.jpg

A chilly looking Garden Mine cottage.

Back