Titanium Anniversary 1976-1986-2016

Re: Re:

24pouces":2wb0hx66 said:
M-Power":2wb0hx66 said:
I can remember the magical effect Ti had on people who looked at and hefted the first bikes back in the late 80s and early 90s. .
:
Got many bikes in all material in my collection : steel, aluminum, carbon and titanium. In the end of 80ies, I fall in love for Cannondale and, if they were expensive, I could easily reach my goal in 1991. I discovered titanium that year and then, a Merlin Titanium became my main wish and graal for an ultimate bike and I had to wait 15 years for owning one

Yeah....by the time you had specced up a fully blinged Ti bike back in those those days, it was the same money as a decent family car ~ £5/6k That was a huge amount of a working persons annual income back then, far less so now proportionally.

24pouces":dc9d3ei6 said:
... I discovered titanium that year and then, a Merlin Titanium became my main wish and graal for an ultimate bike and I had to wait 15 years for owning one
never heard of merlin titanium!? :roll:

newsboy":1ekk29sg said:
24pouces":1ekk29sg said:
never heard of merlin titanium!? :roll:
I saw some Merlin Titanium in magazine but it was virtual…, until I could really touch one for getting the virus :mrgreen: :facepalm:

Back