Tidy-looking GT Xizang on ebay, original (XTR, RS Mag) - now sold

Clueless seller.
Stolen kit most likely.
The clue is in their avatar. They're wearing a gas mask, i.e., they do graffiti tagging etc.🙄
I mean what kind of knobhead doesn't even use the keyword "titanium" or "xizang" in their listing?🤦‍♂️
Has also taken a photo of the wrong side of the bike, has even called it a "Push Bike" of all things, thereby proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're not even a cyclist.🤦‍♂️
Seems to think we care more about one torn grip which is not worth sod all anyway.
Astute. 🙄
Tedious how every seller who’s ignorant about bikes (or with a crap sofa saddle and ugly adjustable stem) is an arsehole, chav or scally.

There’s a myriad reasons why this bloke might not know what he’s got, but instead of a bit of sympathy he gets these lazy assumptions.
For all we know he might be the nicest fella on the planet - but no, he’s clearly a “knobhead”. 🙄

Last edited:
Astute.
Tedious how every seller who’s ignorant about bikes (or with a crap sofa saddle and ugly adjustable stem) is an arsehole, chav or scally.

There’s a myriad reasons why this bloke might not know what he’s got, but instead of a bit of sympathy he gets these lazy assumptions.
For all we know he might be the nicest fella on the planet - but no, he’s clearly a “knobhead”. 🙄

He does like to jump to a conclusion doesn’t he

Believe it or not most of the worlds population don’t know a Xizang from another other old push bike. It’s just an old bike to 99.9% or the world.

Lack of knowledge on the sellers part doesn’t make them a criminal.

They likely inherited it and almost certainly hadn't a clue what it was.
To just about anyone outside of bike nerds it just looks like an old, outdated bicycle.

I always find baseless accusations weird as hell.
I don't think anyone selling a stolen bike would be so willing to point out such obvious distinguishing features.

To just about anyone outside of bike nerds it just looks like an old, outdated bicycle
Putting it up for ÂŁ300 indicates that they knew it was decent, but, yes, but in depth knowledge of GTs product range is, shall we say, a niche pasttime.

I suspect they'd just looked at sold prices of zaskars and pitched it there.

Putting it up for ÂŁ300 indicates that they knew it was decent, but, yes, but in depth knowledge of GTs product range is, shall we say, a niche pasttime.

I suspect they'd just looked at sold prices of zaskars and pitched it there.

Exactly. Bearing in mind this thread originally had the title as a Zaskar before it was changed to Xizang And this is a retrobike too.
Not a dig at OP by the way. Just pointing out people have niche interests in the hobby.

I do sometimes wonder about the provenance of things I see on eBay and especially Marketplace. I think eBay would be a risky place to hawk stolen stuff, as there is an audit trail and a delay in getting your cash. IIRC.

Although... https://www.artnews.com/art-news/news/artifacts-stolen-british-museum-listed-ebay-1234677363/

It's clear the seller didn't know what he had, but more than than that is pure speculation... I hope he hasn't had messages to tell him the real value. He was probably delighted to get ÂŁ300, buyer will be delighted too... what would be the point in spoiling one party's happiness?

I do sometimes wonder about the provenance of things I see on eBay and especially Marketplace. I think eBay would be a risky place to hawk stolen stuff, as there is an audit trail and a delay in getting your cash. IIRC.

Although... https://www.artnews.com/art-news/news/artifacts-stolen-british-museum-listed-ebay-1234677363/

It's clear the seller didn't know what he had, but more than than that is pure speculation... I hope he hasn't had messages to tell him the real value. He was probably delighted to get ÂŁ300, buyer will be delighted too... what would be the point in spoiling one party's happiness?

Theres no point, but bet you someone does out of sour grapes.....or to offer a bit more to try and snag it.

Fb marketplace and gumtree are where the dodgy stuff is sold. EBay is too easy to trace.

It’s highly likely I’ve had stolen bikes without knowing. It’s simply impossible to know the history of a 25 year old bike which has been passed around and ended up at £50 on marketplace.

I hope he hasn't had messages to tell him the real value. He was probably delighted to get ÂŁ300, buyer will be delighted too... what would be the point in spoiling one party's happiness?
Really?
So the old lady selling her late husband’s Patek Philippe and being told by the house clearance guy “ sorry love, there’s no market for these old wind-up’s..” shouldn’t be advised…??

#sanctimoniousselfrighteoustwat

Really?
So the old lady selling her late husband’s Patek Philippe and being told by the house clearance guy “ sorry love, there’s no market for these old wind-up’s..” shouldn’t be advised…??

#sanctimoniousselfrighteoustwat
Well that's not what I said is it.

Of course she should be advised, BEFORE it is sold. What's the point after it has gone? other than to make that person feel like a mug?

#thanksforthehashtag

Back