The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

F682043C-341E-44BE-B10E-F98DB0DD5AA7.jpeg Kalash boy and kid goat Hindu Kush mountains. Kodak Ektachrome e100vs Conrad G2 45mm Planar

7A38E11A-5FDB-43A9-9CF2-F594EFC86719.jpeg Rakaposhi at peace - 25,551ft - shot in the village of Minapin in the Nagar valley. Karakoram range. Kodak e100vs

Thanks - I think I’m doing something wrong as I’m selecting ‘attach files’ bottom left - if I touch the insert image icon above I can’t add text with the image!

If you click the insert image icon above then after image has loaded you can then scroll up and click just above the image and the cursor will appear, or just below the image also. I usually write text out first then click on insert image icon which adds images below text. Also if you go onto one of your posts and click on edit, then click on one of the little images at the bottom it will give you the option to delete image or insert, if insert then it will give you the option to insert as thumbnail or full image :)

B905F3F7-1075-4340-8F59-0988DE4DE007.jpeg C72F41F5-583B-44FD-9A6C-0A9588968208.jpeg Tirich Mir 25,281ft - highest peak in the Hindu Kush - viewed from Chitral Gol National Park. And Tirich Mir looming over Chitral town

90C17239-D622-4D32-A663-656FB37E10FE.jpeg Spirit of the Mountain - Nanga Parbat 26.660 ft - The Killer Mountain with a ghostly cloud formation - Fairy Meadows, Western Himalaya range. You can see the huge Raikot glacier. Shot on Agfa Ultra 100

DD8E3B7C-170F-4BC5-AFA6-15C9972D9013.jpeg Misty morning over the Punjab plain - can see the line of the Pir Panjal mountain range of Kashmir in the distance

Beautiful, really need to be uploaded as full images and not thumbnails though, you can choose that option when you upload, or you can edit your posts then click on the thumbnail and it will give the option to load full image.

I should really find some of my mountain photos out, hills really in comparison to some of those shots, but if you spend enough time in them you do get some great images :cool:
Man would love to see your pictures. And yes with time in them you manage to get some immersive shots. I’ve visited most of the main mountain ranges - the Hindu Kush, Karakoram, Himalayan and Andes. Admittedly I didn’t go to the main Karakoram range around the Baltoro glacier and K2 or snow lake - but around Rakaposhi range of the Karakoram - still huge! And the western Himalaya where the 3 mountain ranges meet and where you’ll find Nanga Parbat. My favourite mountain is Tirich Mir and the Hindu Kush - lower than the others but more beautiful I think.

Back