The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Cd and Tidal hifi through HRT music streamer 2. I like creating 8+ hour playlists. Also I never heard as much new music. Which are really the reasons for streaming. If you have your music collection and you don't stray from that much, there is no added value to streaming, I think. Sounds good enough. Higher quality formats like Tidal Master are iffy, some sound amazing, some are just rough studio tracks.

Mostly CD's via Musical Fidelity self modified X series and B&W speakers. For ease of use in the garage, said CD's are converted to mp3 etc then on random via Denon M39rcd. Same again in the office room and bedroom but with B&W speakers. Plenty of new to me music via friends and DAB Radio.

Indoors..marantz cd6000 ki sig, marantz pm7200 and a upgraded project essential with glass plat and old skool ortofon OM10, through B&W 602.

Outside/workshop.....this....with phone....ideal as its bluetooth and i can carry it anywhere, watertight, loud and runs for over a week on a 5.2ah drill battery!

Its seen some life over the last 10 years...

Attachments

• 16672065023297178047804193268315.jpg
    16672065023297178047804193268315.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 1
CDs for me :)
A harman/kardon HD200 cd player, Yamaha AX-330e amplifier and B & W 601 bi-wired speakers. For shed entertainment I play mp3's through a cheap Aldi boom-box with SD card reader.

Cd and Tidal hifi through HRT music streamer 2. I like creating 8+ hour playlists. Also I never heard as much new music. Which are really the reasons for streaming. If you have your music collection and you don't stray from that much, there is no added value to streaming, I think. Sounds good enough. Higher quality formats like Tidal Master are iffy, some sound amazing, some are just rough studio tracks.

Yes this is what's drawing me into streaming more - listening to bands I've never heard of, mainly new ones, and some of their offerings are pretty good too!
If I want a CD or record I'll still buy them though, probably. I'm up do date with my Larkin Poe collection now :cool:

This was my setup from around 20 years ago. KEF speakers, dual Rotel power amps and pre-amp, Musical Fidelity phono stage, Pro-Ject Turntable and Sony CD Player, Tape deck, Tuner and Mini Disc. I still have a Pro-Ject tuntable but the rest has sadly been replaced with a Sonos bar and a smart TV 😒

Loving those B&W speakers @legrandefromage I had some 601s for a while and they were great!

hifi.jpg

I've gone back in time with the surraaand saaaand system as I can't find anything that I like that is also affordable

There is a, wait for it, new old stock TAG Mclaren AV32R 7.1 with the 5.1 input, 12v triggers and all that plus its a twin Sharc model, final last manufactured batch. Sat in its box for around 16 years!

Then there's a 5x100R:10 7 channel, again last of its type, 3x120w amps with two 120w modules turned into 4x80w, all switcheable

...and installed in the personal cinema room of Gordon Murray until a couple of years ago

The two talk to each other via Cat5 which made it great for the custom installers in the day pre bluetooth

I still have my mission 753 from 1993 - again a speaker I find hard to replace as I can't find anything I like

There is a Canon SC1 centre speaker (I have the shelf speakers too!) as I had one back in 1994

Rear channels are Definitive Audio bi-pole, lots of bass!

Am looking to get either a DVD32R for CD duties or a CDT20R

Music is from a Douk Audio lossless player or battered Phillips CD104 from the tip

All this on a strict budget and I need to get decent HDMI cables!

Latest posts

Back