Strade Too-Manky. Regretfully postponed.

Re:

It's for the best Clubby, the last ride was great, we just need the weather to be "ok" and we can sort another date for it :)

Re:

Probably best to cancel although that gives me the problem of having 8 or 9 hours to kill in Perth having promised my daughter a lift to the gymnastics , cannae wait !

Ok I am just seeing this now and looks like a good call.
It now looks like heading to Perth tomorrow to help put the car back together as it now has a new turbo and pipes and fittings etc and seems to be running fine. Which is what I thought as it didn't go bang it just slowly seized up/stopped boosting due to the EGR letting it soot up. So the rest of the engine seems fine.
Due to the weather though it seemed prudent to get down tomorrow and at least head back north rather than hang round overnight.
So at least there looks like more chance of being in a better position for the rematch.

Jamie

Well I went to Carnoustie just for the hell of it after picking up the bike for Dr Jo. Liked the campsite, pubs are not bad as are the chippies and the toons quite nice too. The weather was sh*** so I'm glad I wasn't cycling in it. Return leg on Sunday involved keeping speed down, windscreen wipers on max and avoiding the big puddles as one properly upset the cars handling. Atlantic storms eh !

Aye, I awoke to Rain hammering against the window this morning, so had a lazy morning doing a few jobs in the house. Definately not a day for outdoor activities.

Re:

Aye, was properly battering down at 4 this morning, can’t imagine it was a pleasant night in a tent Velo.
Field behind the house is full of water, so can just imagine what local farm tracks are like. Morning was windy and constant rain, not conditions for standing about yapping and social riding.
Not too bad now, light showers but dried up a lot since earlier. Really annoying as yesterday was ok.

Tent held out no bad at all, slept not bad. On way up I had a wee visit to Perth's Bike Station, nice premises they have in an old factory unit. Picked up a basic steel hybrid I plan to build up as my budget gravel bike, good tyre clearances for up to 28 x 1.75 tyres. Think I am going to totally knock my 26er mtb days on the head and get rid of the lot. Gravel I think offers me the kind of cycling I prefer these days.
Further there are plans afoot for Dundee to get a Bike Station so a mecca for second hand bike kit should appear close to you Clubby.
I am going to be volunteering in the Edinburgh branch on Wednesday evenings advising punters on how to work on there own bikes :)

Back