Strade Too-Manky. Regretfully postponed.

Re:

Aye, long range been getting worse as the week went on.
If it was anyone else’s ride, I’d probably cry off. However, Velo has booked and presumably paid for his camping so going to have to put something on. If it’s as bad as predicted then it will be a shorter one though.

Re: Strade Too-Manky. Sunday October 6th

Not paid for anything, its just a show up and pay affair.

Please feel free to cancel but do it before 12 midday the morra as I set off sometime after that.

Re:

We're mostly water any way... :LOL:

Attachments

• cd5ccb2dbd40d6f6a7730649f65f0bf0.jpg
    cd5ccb2dbd40d6f6a7730649f65f0bf0.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,978
Re:

Velo, that might change matters.
Had another look and there’s now a yellow warning for rain and flooding.
Not sure whether to still go ahead, there’s absolutely no shelter on route and the farm tracks are going to be bogging. Don’t like cancelling my own rides but really don’t think it will be much fun.

Cancel it, I'll still be coming to Perthshire the morrow to collect a frame for Dr Jo of this site but I'll not hang around. I dont like getting soaked and cleaning mud off my steed. Maybe a few hours off roading in Tentsmuir at a latter date when the weathers better.

Cheers

I am going to stay night in Carnoustie campsite as planned but I think it'll probably be no for the cycling on Sunday whether its cancelled or not. I need a wee trip away for the fun of it if nothing else and SWMBO wants rid of me for 24 hours :LOL:

Velo, do you want me to hang onto that frame for you? if not it'll be destined for the big auction site in the sky...

Bung it on the big auction site in the sky. Emphasise its full Reynolds 531, I did my homework, its the CB bike that later became the CB Dalesman. I think it also had full Campagnolo groupo as the lower end ones used Suntour.

Cheers

Re:

Ok, I’m gonna call time on this one.
Weather warning now stretches until 6pm on Sunday, so it’s not like we can even wait it out until later in day.
Don’t mind a bit of rain on a ride, but this looks pretty bad. Can’t see the cafe welcoming us in covered head to toe in mud either.

Got the route fairly sorted, so at least there’s no planning to do for the postponed date.

Thanks to all who were interested, hopefully pick up a few extra next time.

Back