** Stooge Mk5 **

Another wee bit of purple arrived this morning, there should have been two caps, one for each side.
This one was a 'freebie' as the original order (after looking at the invoice) consisted of a purple and a red cap... not what I wanted!
Turns out the photos attached to the text on their website were the wrong way round!
The original order has yet to arrive though.... :rolleyes:

purp.JPG

Last edited:
Purchased some 'nearly new' tyres for the Stooge from eBay for a good price, and although the tread is barely touched, they were muddy and had old tubeless sealant stuck around the beads.

I sat outside in the sun last night and managed to pick/rub off all the old sealant, then set about the side walls with some silicone grease.

I find this works really well on slightly 'tired' looking sidewalls, rejuvenates the colour really nicely and is perfectly harmless to the rubber. After a good going over and wiping over with a clean rag they have come up a treat! :cool:

tera.JPG sili.JPG

Last purple for now arrived today along with the ‘wrong’ red cap… if anyone has evo cranks and is looking for a red end cap it’s free to a good home!

5A6B7A97-D6DC-41EC-A736-B87BEDB89839.jpeg 959C60DD-0593-400A-A797-186016BF5E31.jpeg

Today's wee delivery is a nice Brooks Swift Titanium, much lighter than the steel railed version and better looking too, gotta love those hammered copper rivets. :cool:

Will be using my Enve carbon post on this build, I do enjoy the dropper on the Farley but might as well use what I've got to hand!

bt1.JPG bt2.JPG bt3.JPG bt4.JPG bt5.JPG

Wow.... what a struggle that was!!! 😠

The Hope crank cap tool and the BB tool arrived this morning, more 'item specific' tools required to fit parts, although I guess it's a great business model.... 'we make our own components so lets design our own fittings and our own tools for installation = more sales'

tools.JPG

As can be seen.... I had a REAL struggle with removing the drive side cap. Used a clamp to keep the tool inserted as far as possible (which isn't that far as the self-extraction bolt sits behind it). Made a mess of the tool and the end cap, pretty much decided that somehow at the factory the cap must have been cross-threaded on installation, so stopped and had a cup of tea!

chewed.JPG

While supping on my brew I had a sudden thought.... "it's not a left-hand thread is it...??"

Picked up the purple cap and turned it against my finger nail and sure enough, it's a left-hand thread.... what a tw*t!!!

So.... the arrows on the cap aren't for the direction to tighten the '10mm hex torque 50nm' as I automatically presumed, they indicate the direction of removal.... 🙄

Anyway, the tool still had enough teeth left to remove the black cap and install the purple one.... we live and learn! 😉

Pleased with how the cranks look though so it's all good. :cool:

purple.JPG

Thought I'd use the Whisky carbon bars and Enve stem on this when it arrives, along with the Enve post I had on the Scrambler, but as I'm keeping the Farley they're currently fitted to, decided to go all in with the silver theme instead!

I had an idea of the stem I was after... something with two clamps rather than a single face plate, and after searching images on Google I discovered this DMR Defy, so promptly ordered one up in silver.

dmr1.JPG dmr2.JPG

Of course, that meant new bars too, so to keep it in the 'Stooge' family I ordered some Scrambler bars from Andy. These arrived yesterday and they look the business, 820mm wide, 70mm rise and 23 degree back sweep should make these really comfy to ride, and the etched in logo is a neat touch. :cool:

bs1.JPG bs2.JPG bar.JPG

Today's delivery.... a Thomson Masterpiece seat post. :cool:

Some lovely machining internally on this, and it's VERY light for a aluminium post!

Wanted a post in silver with some setback like the Enve had, and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

t1.JPG t2.JPG t3.JPG t4.JPG

Back