Steelman Single Track

awh311

Dirt Disciple
My pride and joy. Rides like a dream. A 1993 Steelman single track that feels like it was custom welded just for me (it wasn’t nor was it built for the college kid I bought it from). I’ve never been able to track down its original owner and so its story will always be a mystery. The tubing on this bike rides smooth as butter. Have it built up with some surly corner bars and a box wide range drive train for a full on modern frankenbike that can go from the streets to the gravel and into the beyond. IMG_0858.jpeg

The front rack has some unwanted weight for sure. I think it’s around 2 pounds. But I love having the ability to ride home with a pizza box. The pedals are the mks Sylvan Gordito. I’m a huge fan of the MKS stuff and the wider platform of the gorditos are amazing.

The front rack has some unwanted weight for sure. I think it’s around 2 pounds. But I love having the ability to ride home with a pizza box. The pedals are the mks Sylvan Gordito. I’m a huge fan of the MKS stuff and the wider platform of the gorditos are amazing.
Yeah they look to have a good bit of space to them, the pedals. I'll have to give them a go. I think I was actually recommended them not long ago but my memory is shite. That is a girthy rack, I nearly went that route with a porteur style rack but was talked into sense. Stacking pizza boxes on it is a pretty convincing argument for having one though 😄 solid looking bike, bud!

I have them on a couple of my builds and have really been liking them as pedals. If it helps they’re available on Amazon right now for like $43 which is cheaper than what I paid for sure.

I have them on a couple of my builds and have really been liking them as pedals. If it helps they’re available on Amazon right now for like $43 which is cheaper than what I paid for sure.
We don't do Amazon over here in Denmark, but looks like I can get them for 35 euro-ish from Germany, so not too bad at all :)

Where? I've found the standard Sylvan for 30, but the Gorditos are always above 55-60€...
You have me eating my words as you're right. The Gorditos are indeed 55 to 80. Cheapest I found is sold out. I mixed them up with the standard. Apologies for getting your hopes up.

You have me eating my words as you're right. The Gorditos are indeed 55 to 80. Cheapest I found is sold out. I mixed them up with the standard. Apologies for getting your hopes up.
Depending on the cost of shipping I often go right to the source in Japan and order from Blue Lug. Sometimes the shipping from blue lug is cheaper than buying locally. The only danger is my cart tends to fill up with other blue lug goodies too.

Depending on the cost of shipping I often go right to the source in Japan and order from Blue Lug. Sometimes the shipping from blue lug is cheaper than buying locally. The only danger is my cart tends to fill up with other blue lug goodies too.
I like ordering from them as well, always very helpful and kind too. But I also concur, it's a risqué path as you end up indulging.

Back