SS now means SEVEN speed!

Ride it, ride it, eh oh!

Hey our kid, My basic is just 5 miles 3 times a week and now a 7 to 10 mile on my top secret Saturday hilly bash to the swamplands.

I aim to go up to 10 miles three times a week and a big weekend thump by the beginning of summer.

This time next year I hope to be ready for a plod in Wales or the lakes with you old goats and be 14 stone of finely tuned spastic. Who needs a spine and walking ability anyway.

Commit to the three runs a week dude and you will blast the lakes. Get the knee strapped and stop moaning. (Says me the king of whinge, lol).

Now when are you gonna bring me some tasty old big bits and bobs? You big hunkachunkie. xxx

That's thething, I'm not moaning, I'm just not riding injured as it makes the injury worse now stop hijacking my thread and leave it to people who want to talk about 7 speed bikes.

i cant help but picture big badgers avatar kicking poor craigs door down as he runs to the back of the house screaming " no , no cycling today i cant , i cantttt " then collapsing on the floor before the avatar throws him over his shoulder grabs a bike in the other hand and throws them both out onto the street

passers by later see crag frantically pedaling dripping with sweat while the angry scary avatar runs after him growling " GGrrrr , more miles , MORE MILESSSSS "

or is that just me :LOL:

oh :oops:

the avatar makes me picture him as a street roaming cycling terrorist hell bent on making everyone cycle harder , faster

tearing old department store bikes from there lamppost imprisonment then hurling them at pensioners bellowing RIDE , RIDEE at them . wiping the chain lube slaver from him mouth with his shovel like fox gloved hands

One of my bikes was 8-speed for ages.

It seemed to cope with most things OK, and I was hardly super-fit at the time. I kept the front mech and used an old thumbie to trim the chainline.

No probs.

perry said:
oh :oops:

the avatar makes me picture him as a street roaming cycling terrorist hell bent on making everyone cycle harder , faster

tearing old department store bikes from there lamppost imprisonment then hurling them at pensioners bellowing RIDE , RIDEE at them . wiping the chain lube slaver from him mouth with his shovel like fox gloved hands

I like that man. Lol. If only I had the stamina to carry it out, the world would be a better place.

Craig I aint Hijacking your thread. You really do have it in for me at the moment and to be honest you are doing my head in.
As for 7 or eight speed bikes, I wouldnt mind getting rid of my granny ring. I choose not to use it. I fancy having a bike with the old three speed rear hub like a sturmey archer too. Cool.

But for longer rides single speeding does leave you feeling like you've taken a battering in a street fight

Im glad you put that, Last week I took the Rigid SS orange out for a good stretch dont think it was really the ideal place all steep uphill or rocky downhill ..... Anyway next day :shock: Mind due been riding an enduro since November guess that dont help :roll:

Back