Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

Sorry to hear that. Sidebar is much less prevalent than on the previous site.

Thank you John. Unfortunately that was not my experience - previously I had no sidebars at all.

I am not sure what size screens the current site is optimised for, however for iPad use I find the combination of side bars and oversized user icons etc leaves very little room for worthwhile content.

Thank you John. Unfortunately that was not my experience - previously I had no sidebars at all.

I am not sure what size screens the current site is optimised for, however for iPad use I find the combination of side bars and oversized user icons etc leaves very little room for worthwhile content.

OK. Sidebar should not be visible on thread view, i.e. where the content lies.

On the tablet I use (ipad 5 or something) here the sidebars are not shown in portrait view at all.

Can you share a screenshot, sounds like something odd is going on.

Site down for a couple of hours for maintenance, importing the old front page articles.

Thoroughly enjoying the new forum experience, it's a serious upgrade.

I have a suggestion, although perhaps someone has mentioned it before.

Can we have an optional country flag for users near their avatar pic, indicating where in the world they are? It would help when looking for items for sale, where importing may be prohibitively expensive and in other situations such as recommendations for LBS etc.

Can we find a different way to display the various sale thread rules. When using a mobile there is very little screen real estate left to see when adding/editing posts/threads.

Attachments

• PSX_20210410_110438.jpg
    PSX_20210410_110438.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
Being able to delete your own posts would be good
I've already seen people do it in the For Sale and Wanted sections, even in threads started by someone else. Either it's specific to those subforums or maybe the post you want to delete needs to be the latest post in the thread. TBH I'm not really sure what the requirements are.

If you can provide a good reason why a post or thread needs to be deleted, we can always do it for you.

Last edited:
When you click on the classified rules link it takes you to feedback forum

Back