Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

On the old Site, we were able to see if a Private Message that we had sent had been read by the recipient. The message would sit in an Outbox until it was read, when it would then move into a Sent Box.

When using Conversations on the new Site, I am unable to see if the recipient has read a message that I have sent to them - unless I am overlooking something.

Pip

Currently the idea is for the recipient to use the thumbs up part to personally signify they have read it.
It's down in the site FAQs.

Currently the idea is for the recipient to use the thumbs up part to personally signify they have read it.
It's down in the site FAQs.
Cheers F.C.

Yeah I see; John wrote this in the FAQ Thread:
The ‘thumbs up’ by the username in the participant list shows if the user(s) have read the last post in a conversation.

I my view, that gives an impression that it will be an automated thing. My experience is not the case with a current conversation that I am having, which has no thumbs up on a post, despite that post being read, and replied by the recipient. Following that reply from the recipient, I have sent follow up response, but as was my original question, I don't know if that subsequent message has been read yet.

Pip

Back