Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

Am I detecting the whiff of new members generated by AI?

Seems to bo an unusual amount of topics that appear on the surface to be normal but the topic starter is never heard from again

Yes. Some very oddly phrased posts have been cropping up - assume AI. The askimet system catches some but please report others which slip through.

Regarding threads lost in the 'big lost thread debacle' I have not (totally) forgotten. Please remind me here what you. want recovering - it will only be a few posts NOT a 3000 post thread sadly and will get on it in due course.

There was a thread on polishing, painting and general restoration tips and tricks that I can’t seem to locate. @Peachy was heavily involved in the polishing chat ;-)
The Tips and Tricks thread?

The Cycling UK Forum has a couple of 'Too good to lose' threads, one for technical info and one for non-technical. That's always seemed like a good idea to me, especially for newcomers who want to get a flavour of what the forum is like at its best. Presumably, it can make backup and restoration of a selection of the very best threads a bit easier too. An RB equivalent would be good to see. Obviously, the content has to chosen very selectively; otherwise, it gets lost in a whole long list of threads again.

The Tips and Tricks thread?

The Cycling UK Forum has a couple of 'Too good to lose' threads, one for technical info and one for non-technical. That's always seemed like a good idea to me, especially for newcomers who want to get a flavour of what the forum is like at its best. Presumably, it can make backup and restoration of a selection of the very best threads a bit easier too. An RB equivalent would be good to see. Obviously, the content has to chosen very selectively; otherwise, it gets lost in a whole long list of threads again.
These should get moved to Faq, but rename Faq to useful old shite restoration tip and FAQs

Currently making a few tweaks to the advertising on the site. Switched off auto ads (enabled automatically it seems on occasion). However am looking at a few other placements on the site. Trying to keep to a minimum but a necessity for obvious reasons.

If anyone has issue or notices problems please advise.

Whenever I try to do writing in italics or BOLD it seems that after I’ve finished typing I can’t turn it off? As soon as I type a new word it turns itself back on again. Is it just me?

Back