Salsa Ala Carte - A Drop Bar Project UPDATED Page 2

That's pretty decent clearance there in case you ever wanted to fit a huge tyre, like 2.5 or even 2.8, right? Do those forks allow you to raise / lower the legs in the crown, to adjust the fork length?

For the style of riding I do on this bike, the 2.1's work good for me. In theory, the crown bolts allow you to remove the legs (I did to refinish), but the ID and OD of the crown and fork legs respectively need an optimal interface to prevent slippage IMO. With that, I looked at images of factory forks, approximated how much offset I needed and tightened intermittently in the bolt order of 1-4-2-3 ultimately to 13 ft/lbs of torque per the manual. I've never dropped a fork leg while in the saddle and sure as hell wouldn't want to :shock: :LOL:

Re:

I love it! How do you find the DKG mounts? I've got command shifters, multimounts and take-offs on bikes but haven't tried the DKG yet.

Thanks! I got lucky and found two sets in the same week. Still have this pair kicking about.

4U2Kzq.jpg

Smithjss70":3q6nb0rb said:
Thanks! I got lucky and found two sets in the same week. Still have this pair kicking about.

4U2Kzq.jpg

Dribble Dribble Dribble.. I sold off my roller P10 and BB2 bars and gave up on the drop bar dream :facepalm: Then i see this clever solution :facepalm:

Smithjss70":336vdc77 said:
Never give up. I still have another pair of WTB droppers as well. The P10 however...

Agreed, don't quit! I have a spare set of rm-2 bars in the stash. I found some WTB mounts, a P7, and a P10 all separately in the last few months.

Re:

I should have held on :facepalm: There were various people who were thinking about remaking WTB thumbshifter adapters. I had quite a long list of peeps who desperately needed them but hey ho....it just never happened :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back