Retrobike Touring.

I hadn't planned to cycle quite so far on my ride to cut a long story short the campsite I had arranged to stay in closed for the weekend unexpectedly. I was in the dark cycling through forestry commission land back up lights.

I had a brick which was charging my handheld GPS.

I hadn't planned to cycle quite so far on my ride to cut a long story short the campsite I had arranged to stay in closed for the weekend unexpectedly. I was in the dark cycling through forestry commission land back up lights.

I had a brick which was charging my handheld GPS.
That sounds like an adventure... hope it wasn't too grim!

Anyone got plans of touring / overnighters etc this year?

Me; New tent arrived yesterday (Alpkit soloist XL) which I'd like to test out. Alas, despite some very enticing beautiful weather last week, today we have frost and snow showers, so I think I'll be waiting a bit longer for the temperatures to stay reasonable at night.

I won't be able to embark on a true multi-day tour any time soon due to family commitments and holiday allowances, but hoping for a few 1 or 2-nighters this year.

Anyone got plans of touring / overnighters etc this year?

Me; New tent arrived yesterday (Alpkit soloist XL) which I'd like to test out. Alas, despite some very enticing beautiful weather last week, today we have frost and snow showers, so I think I'll be waiting a bit longer for the temperatures to stay reasonable at night.

I won't be able to embark on a true multi-day tour any time soon due to family commitments and holiday allowances, but hoping for a few 1 or 2-nighters this year.
I intend to. Whether I make it or not depends on work and child chauffeuring commitments lol

I'm planning an overnighter on Dartmoor probably this weekend as I have to collect son from university in Plymouth. The weather isn't going to be exactly wonderful according to the forecast, though. It's going to be wetter, but at least not freezing as forecast earlier in the week.

I'm planning an overnighter on Dartmoor probably this weekend as I have to collect son from university in Plymouth. The weather isn't going to be exactly wonderful according to the forecast, though. It's going to be wetter, but at least not freezing as forecast earlier in the week.
It's quite windy here at the minute. Hope it isn't on Dartmoor this weekend 🤞

Back