Retrobike Touring.

One final request for advice from you all :)

All equipment together, tested, packed and unpacked several times, 2 days routes around 25 miles each day mapped, one overnight camping site sorted.

One thing I would like to take is a fold up chair, I have an old 3 leg style fishing type one but at 1kg maybe a little too heavy/big.

I am not weight obsessed, I am just a bit of a minimalist.

Any recommendations ?

B7C87F80-46CA-4E65-9F8D-5E4EBA5736D4.jpeg I bought one a few years ago from go outdoors not cheap but perfect. Strong enough to take me. Very light.

One final request for advice from you all :)

All equipment together, tested, packed and unpacked several times, 2 days routes around 25 miles each day mapped, one overnight camping site sorted.

One thing I would like to take is a fold up chair, I have an old 3 leg style fishing type one but at 1kg maybe a little too heavy/big.

I am not weight obsessed, I am just a bit of a minimalist.

Any recommendations ?
I'd suggest a minimalist wouldn't take a chair!

;-)

Just returned from an overnight Retrobike tour and need some pointers on rear lights. A fair bit of the route was on road in poor light/dusk and my light set up was not optimum shall we say.

The rear light is a Lezyne one with rubber band fitment which is very good (normally fixed on my seatpost) but fitting it on the rack the light droops as the rack is quite thin, also the tent/panniers etc obscure some of the light.

I thought fitting it to the seatpost but with a full rear rack again the load obscured the light.

I did cable tie a small light to my helmet as a make do.

Mounting on seat rails 🤔🤔

What do you people use/photos appreciated :)

BK.jpg

A smart super flash has a clip for bags etc or clips onto a post mount. Very bright. Or lezyne Zecto to but same rubber mount as yours.

I had a similar issue, also with a 'rubber band' Lezyne rear light. Ended up screwing a small piece of wood to the back of the Rack and mounting it there. I'll see if I can dig a photo out. A bit heath Robinson, but effective all the same.

With regards to chairs. I too have one of those lightweight jobbies (a copy of the original Helinox chair) - bought from Aldi no less https://www.aldi.co.uk/ultra-light-camping-chair/p/710433445268400, alas it appears not to be available anymore. Maybe try Decathlon.

That could work.

I was hoping to mount one one the seat rails, I like the convenience of the rubber band fitment lights but they can be a little hit and miss.

I run a dyno setup; Oxford do some decent rechargables which I fit as a backup and also as a torch for camp. I've run the fronts for three years now, seem to be durable.

I am sorted for lights now, founds some for sale on here that will do until funds permit.

Hamster I may pick your brain on Dyno hubs in the near future 👍

My recent touring trip was a little spoiled by poor light choice 😬

Latest posts

Back