RetroBike Classic MTB Ride: Peak District ~ 12/09/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Sounds great Captain, looking forward to it! Nothing too scary there (last year was at the upper end of rideable I think), but all great tracks in a very different arrangement to usual, lovely :cool: agree that the broken road climb is a very cool and slightly surreal experience too.

As stated - we ride to the ability of the most dedicated photographer*

On top of that I'd just add that there are flat/downhill bailout options at every point around this route, which is obviously testament to the many hours of dedicated planning and pre-riding by our esteemed leader...
<straightface>

*pausing to take pictures is what slows us down on the climbs obviously, couldn't be any other reason... ;)

Re:

Transport loaded up now, as i won't have time in the morning!

Man is popping into mcdonalds for a porridge on way down.

Don't let a damp start put anybody off, it's gonna dry up quick and leave a pleasant and bright day. enough moisture to prevent us choking on elpedro's back tyre dust. he will be the first to the top of every climb. try stop him. :)

Re:

Distracted myself - I meant to ask if any retro roadies would be interested in an Ofmega/Mavic MA2 Argent front wheel?

Don't really want to bring it just on the quite unlikely offchance!

Re:

Gutted I might have to bail this one after all. I've been feeling steadily worse all day after nursing my son with tonsillitis! Think I may have caught it off him :-( See how I feel in the morning, been looking forward to it as it sounds a good crack! :-D

Re: Re:

Matthews":3dw1dv4s said:
Don't forget the spare rims, seatpost and brake blocks Pete :facepalm:

Oi, shuttityou!

I'm on the beloved Alibi, which obviously gets first pick of all the mismatched crap piled up around here... :p

Camped at Laneside last night and trails are nice and dry/hard packed, watched the ToB come through Castleton this afternoon.
See you in the morn....

Re:

Have a goodun chaps and take lots of pics, looks like I'm not going to make it... (again)

kaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back