RetroBike Classic MTB Ride: Peak District ~ 12/09/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

Charlieboy28":109uin34 said:
Now just tell me we dont have to ride the vertical track upto that feckin mast
We will be going up to the mast, but I've worked out a different way up for this year's ascent.

Re:

Is it the shorter, steeper, looser, broken up route by any chance...? I'll be packing my 22x34 granny this year anyway, bring it on... :mrgreen:

wore some vans on the kona last night with powergrips...............that was interesting, may put some spds on if i ride that bike

Re: Re:

elPedro666":pirvmxfp said:
Is it the shorter, steeper, looser, broken up route by any chance...? I'll be packing my 22x34 granny this year anyway, bring it on... :mrgreen:
I know what you are thinking Pete, but no as it happens. We'll be taking longer route with a shallower gradient up to the radio mast. We'll be descending the route you are thinking of...

Basically cutting out the very sketchy, thorny and slippery descent off Bradwell Edge, cutting out the Pin Dale and Dirtlow Rake climbs, as well as the busy bridleway along the ridge between Mam Tor and Hollins Cross which lead to the once great descent to Greenlands.

I've worked out a few other new bits instead. So we'll be climbing the 'broken road' and heading west to take in the fantastic high level Rushup Edge bridleway, cutting off just before the section that DCC ruined to do the full descent of Chapel Gate into Edale.

The return route after dinner up to Hope Cross will be the same as the one we've always used on Mr K's classic route.
That final singletrack descent is great.

Hopefully it'll meet with everyone's approval.

Re:

Is this a tough route? Not getting out much do to large family blinking commitment's! Not totally unfit, just about managed Nidderdale earlier in the year with the odd sneaky ride since?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back