Retro E-Bike conversion.

Nah, I only do midmotor conversions, they are the best option/ride for a bike.
Like I said, you're looking for a scooter, don't know anything about them.

I did see a bloke on a Dutch Grannybike with 4 batteries and a rear +front wheel engine.
He did close to 1 million KM an hour without breaking a sweat :LOL:

I can assure you I'm not looking for a scooter. I want to add an electric conversion kit of some sort to my 1988 Specialized Rockhopper.

Can you post any information on the mid motor packages you would recommnend.

Check PSWpower and the tsdz2 Tongsheng 36V 250W.
With a large battery shouldn't cost more then 500,- euro so.. 430 squid?

This is my ebike and one I built for my sister in law.
Both kits came from PSWpower, chinese but already imported kits. So no extra costs.
Can't get them cheaper afaik.

work.jpg

33rdy water.jpg

Looking to get something similar for our cargo bike. They seem to state that this 250w hub only has 25NM of torque vs. their smaller conversation kit that has 50NM?!* Must be a typo I hope? Like you I'm after something simple and also something I can power lights from as we currently have a dyno hub giving us front & rear lighting. Don't want mid-drive as I want to ride it as much as possible without assistance on, but when the bike is fully loaded at times it's SO slow on hills! Read a few reviews of people with other cargobikes who want a bit of assistance and they're happy with a 250w motor...

And here;s another thing. As I have had a full car licence sicne 1987 and a full motorcycle licence since 1991 it looks like I can use a motor over 250w legally in the UK. Can anyone confirm this? I had a few can's last night so I may need to be corrected hehe Surely if I'm used to riding a Yamaha R1 and a KTM 690 Duke I should be legally allowed to use a 750w motor on a push bike with a throttle.....

Problem is you are not on par with the rest of the bicycles, where you are on the road with cars and busses riding a motorbike.
Going 45mph where everyone else does 10mph is dangerous, then again I don't know how the roads work in the UK.
In Dutchlandia we have dedicate cycling paths everywhere.

Oh, you are in the Netherlands? Cool, I have family over there, born and bred Dutch hehe. I have a new job and it takes an hour to get there in 10-20mph traffic with stop / start at lights all the way. It will take half of this time if I go on a push bike. Even less with a motor. I asked about the more powerful motors because if I can use them, why not :) It's not about pushing up the top speed, it's more about reliability and torque / accelleration really.

Back