rBoTM RBotM November 2023 - Frame Month - Poll Now Up!! Vote Now!!

road Bike of The Month

RBotM November 2023 Frame Month

• Psimpson - Hetchins Vade Mecum

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Ullswater - Mercian, King of Mercia

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • jesper - Chesini Gran Premio

• Nabeaquam - Somec

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • non-fixie - Jabo

• Jake1 - Cornelo

• HPL - Rossin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elev12K - Batavus x 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM November 2023 - Frame Month

Well what a cracking month we have had. Lots of entries, all of the highest standard and a very broad spread of styles and era covered. Something for everyone.
Will be interesting to see where the voting goes.
Thanks to all who entered and best of luck.

Usual rules apply in that the poll will run for 5 days with results hidden until the end. 1 vote per member.
Thanks

Jamie

The contenders:

Nob - Battaglin ***withdrawn**
NobBattaglinMarosticana.jpeg

Psimpson - Hetchins Vade Mecum
PsimpsonHetchinsVadeMecum.jpeg

Ullswater - Mercian, King of Mercia
UllswaterKingofMercia.jpeg

jesper - Chesini Gran Premio
jesperChesiniGranPremio.jpg

Nabeaquam - Somec
NabeaquamSomec.jpeg

non-fixie - Jabo
non-fixieJabo.jpg

Jake1 - Cornelo
Jake1Cornelo.jpg

HPL - Rossin
HPLrossin.jpg

Elev12K - Batavus x 2
Elev12KBatavus2.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of Italian frames, but nice to see some Batavus frames (I still ride one myself). Great entries!

I thought it went long enough nobody noticed :)
As this is retro frame month and while this frame was built quite late on, it is I believe in the spirit of the competition as it is steel, has a 1" steerer, steel forks and clearly specced by a retro rider. It is for all without a calendar, a 1990's frame and fork. So in the spirit of the competition it stays included.
Also as in fairness we are long past the stage for objections. ;)

Jamie

Does this mean that road adjacent folding bikes, hybrid trekkers and modern-esque road bikes are now allowed?

I thought it went long enough nobody noticed :)
As this is retro frame month and while this frame was built quite late on, it is I believe in the spirit of the competition as it is steel, has a 1" steerer, steel forks and clearly specced by a retro rider. It is for all without a calendar, a 1990's frame and fork. So in the spirit of the competition it stays included.
Also as in fairness we are long past the stage for objections. ;)

Jamie
I will respect your decision, but I disagree, respectfully.

@Jamiedyer @Nob

🤔 Initially, I wasn't going to get involved in the debacle about the Battaglin.

It's a 2019 frame, build thread posted in the wrong section, entered in a retro bike competition for the 2nd time, and it already won the 1st time around last year :confused: .

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/rbotm-august-2022-theme-month-frames-poll-up-vote-now.450659/

Being very very deliberately sarcastic to make a point, is this going to be entered and voted on a third time too?

I don't get why the long established rules designed to make an open and fair showcase for all have been swept aside by both a long-term moderator and a long-term contributor to the forum.

I’ve already stated if I broke the rules I’ll gladly withdraw if you read above my earlier post 👆so please withdraw it

I’ve already stated if I broke the rules I’ll gladly withdraw if you read above my earlier post 👆so please withdraw it

The rules are lurking on the site Wiki link below 👇 , and in fairness a reminder is not such a bad thing:

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

MTB is up to and including 1997.
Road is up to and including 1999.

Incidentally, I'm all for a special "Neo-Retro" month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back