rBoTM RBotm December 2023 - Open Month - POLL NOW UP - VOTE NOW!!!!

road Bike of The Month

RBotM December 2023

• Nabeaquam - 1936 BSA Gold Medal

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Psimpson - 1939 Claud Butler Super Arrow

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 3wheeler7 - 1930's Selbach

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Foreigner - 1930's EF Russ

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Jesper - 1930's Automoto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ullswater - 1970's Manufrance Randonneur

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotm December 2023 - Open Month Poll

What a great selection of entries to choose from to close out the competition for 2023, each and every one a worthy winner. Some tough personal choices to be made as we all only get one vote.
Thank you very much to all who entered, joined in the banter and also to the many who will be voting ;)

This is also the last entry into the RBotYear whose poll will be going up towards the end of the month.

Thanks again and best of luck to all the entries. ** Jesper, if you have a larger photo please send it through and I can update.

Jamie

Nominations are:

Nabeaquam - 1936 BSA Gold Medal
Nabeaquam - 1936 BSA Gold Medal.jpeg

Psimpson - 1939 Claud Butler Super Arrow
Psimpson1939ClaudBultlerSuperArrow.jpg

3wheeler7 - 1930's Selbach
3wheeler71930Selbach.JPG

Foreigner - 1930's EF Russ
Foreigner1930EFRuss.jpg

Jesper - 1930's Automoto
Jesper1930automoto.jpg

Ullswater - 1970's Manufrance Randonneur
Ullswater1970ManufranceRandonneur.jpeg

@Jamiedyer Thanks for the notification Jamie, but I am realistic and even I wouldn't vote for my bike if you paid me to.
Such a gorgeous group out there that my, still as yet a mystery, bike would be best served as a bike stand to prop up the others.
Cheers to all and good luck!
I think I'll need to blindfold myself and throw a dart on my spinning "RBotM Wheel of Destiny" in order to pick one over another!

Last edited:
@Jamiedyer Thanks for the notification Jamie, but I am realistic and even I wouldn't vote for my bike if you paid me to.
Such a gorgeous group out there that my, still as yet a mystery, bike would be best served as a bike stand to prop up the others.
Cheers to all and good luck!
I think I'll need to blindfold myself and throw a dart on my spinning "RBotM Wheel of Destiny" in order to pick one over another!
No, I would not sell yourself or your entry short by any stretch. Among equals would be my description.

Jamie

Congrats @Nabeaquam - truly lovely bike, well deserved.

@Jamiedyer how can we increase participation in voting, should there be a separate category under Road to promote it better, 22 votes seems low to me considering audience available?
Or could there be a themed month perhaps - December seemed to be one of those anyhow with mostly 1930s entries? Like 'prewar' or 'fixed/single speed' or 'swinging 60s' etc?
And in Jan we could also have overall winner of the year chosen from 12 monthly winners?

Just thinking loudly....or have these ideas been thrown in already and dismissed? Sorry as not been on here not that long 🙄

Last edited:
Chose the correct one but it was a really tough choice for me & surprised by such a big win but black & gold is always a good color scheme 👍

Back