Raleigh SBDU Team Pro 1981

gavr

rBotM Winner
I'm finally coming to terms with the idea that this has to go since I can't ride any longer

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=173768

The more recent pics are on page 3 of the thread.

it's just 'decomposing' in my garage. What's it worth in modern money - I'm completely out of the loop? The gum hoods have perished (in the dark and the dry) but the rest ought to be as is. I hate to put it on eBay so looking for a price for the classifieds first off...

Can’t you hang it on your sitting room wall? Mine only gets ridden once or twice a year but the domestic design authority refused me permission for that so I do understand if the answer is no.
If it has to go then you should decide if you want to get the highest price or, if not, what you are aiming for. Highest price is most likely if you are prepared to send it abroad and/or strip it and sell it as individual frameset and parts. There are also numerous TI Raleigh Team Facebook groups though some will only allow sales if you state your price.
My guess is somewhere between £800 and £1600 as a complete bike.

Re:

It was owned by the son of GoD's family friends - it really deserves to be ridden. The lad sold it because it didn't mean anything to him at the time (he just remembered it being red before a respray at the factory to bring it up to date in Panasonic colours) and I rescued it

Search on eBay for completed listings, this will show you the price that bikes sold for and did not sell for, over the last three months.

In the last couple of weeks two 753s have sold on the main Ditch sales site for around 1000 euro each. Both were original paint and one was all original super record.

My gut felling is £800 and upwards

Re:

Yes, thanks for the comment, I improved the spec over the years. eBay completed sales don't always help a great deal for things like this that a reasonably rare. The bike is promised to someone now so I'll hold it for a couple of weeks.

Re: Re:

gavr":2t4nvj6v said:
Yes, thanks for the comment, I improved the spec over the years. eBay completed sales don't always help a great deal for things like this that a reasonably rare. The bike is promised to someone now so I'll hold it for a couple of weeks.

Someone is going to be very happy.

For SBDUs I find completed sales is useful for telling you what you will not get for your bike :)

Back