Raleigh RSP Ti

Re: Raleigh RSP Titanium - nearly finished!

Latest Evolution;

On go the Michelin Wildgripper Sprint's.
Been looking for these for ages, they roll beautifully and plenty of grip on hard pack, grass and mud too!
Next stage will be Seatpost (Goodbye USE Alien - crap clamp) and a new Seat post collar (My Phil one bust)

Added a lovely Chris King Griplock add on which came through the post today. This has secured and sorted the steerer/headset wobble problem - slight lighter brown than the rest of the Headset - but looks nice.

Some Phil Wood mudguards also came, which I fitted to the BB ends.

And a Hope Silver polished seat clamp

Now all I need is a Syncros metal top cap - as the CK one doesn't fit.

Bought a Syncros Ti Seatpost! yay!

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

ibbz":r5ysgy6v said:
On go the Michelin Wildgripper Sprint's.
Been looking for these for ages, they roll beautifully and plenty of grip on hard pack, grass and mud too!
:LOL: they were pretty useless on everything except hardpack/soil. In 4 years I reckon I raced on them about half a dozen times!

I prefer it with the flat bar and Syncros stem (but I used to love those stems).

If you wanted to run your bombers I have a threaded steerer that I'm not going to use (providing your steerer is a bolt in jobbie like mine).

Cheers man
The Bombers are too big for this frame and are for sale.

Looking real nice that, I hate you ;)

My rsp 150/250 based special has gone similar in some area's im also running quake air's and maggie brakes. I managed to get a magura headset aswell not like the ones on the bay but way nicer. Love the way mine rides I bet your feels much nicer tho :(

poweredbypies":3nv4x0nh said:
Looking real nice that, I hate you ;)

My rsp 150/250 based special has gone similar in some area's im also running quake air's and maggie brakes. I managed to get a magura headset aswell not like the ones on the bay but way nicer. Love the way mine rides I bet your feels much nicer tho :(

haha!! :D
Made me laugh that, I've got an RSP 200 (or is a 250?) too which I bought for my nephew, and subsequently claimed by my mate who 'borrowed' it and rides it. Lovely, but my stock one is pretty heavy.
Got any pictures of your one??

The RSP Ti does ride beautifully, I must admit, though with the very compact chainrings it isn't very quick.
Went into Brick lane Bikes (near Brick lane in East End of London) last week with it, and got many looks and compliments. The guy in the shop really liked it, and knew instantly that it was a Raleigh RSP

My favourite bike though is my MT4, it is nicer to ride than the RSP I think, and just so much cooler! :)

Thats how it stands at the mo not quite finished frame needs coating and some more bling bits. Cant really see in that pic but the boosters are orange aswell.

Attachments

• IMG_000002491.jpg
    IMG_000002491.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 805

poweredbypies":3cw1ulxq said:
Thats how it stands at the mo not quite finished frame needs coating and some more bling bits. Cant really see in that pic but the boosters are orange aswell.

Very very nice!
Completely different than stock factory one and looks superb!
What colour is the frame going to be?
And what blingy bits you have in mind??

Looks good man! Thanks!

Going for a powder/baby blue colour on the frame so pretty much same colour, the plan was for it to be in gulf racing colours. Needs some nicer cranks, then its just swapping stuff out for nicer kit.

That'll look superb when finished
Don't you find the red on the Quakes clashes with the Gulf colours?
What cranks did you have in mind? And are you going to powder coat them too?

Deserving of some boutique made cranks me thinks

Back