Raleigh Dynaflite SBDU 753.... 'Manager Special'

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This is a very special bike, I like Raleigh, hub gears and comfort. Would it be sacrilege to suggest some Weinmann centre pulls to aid braking?
Yeah it would! Sorry to say...why clutter up such a sexy skinny back end with big fat heavy Weinnman centre pulls and all of their associated hardware. Now I've changed the 40 year old pads there's a massive improvement and black rubber lines are visible on the rims. I like the Raleigh branding as it tells the story of how Gerald O'Donovan would have had to have a word with the right manager at the Nottingham factory for stock components such as bars, stem, saddle, rims, mudguards, brakes and levers. The Campagnolo trouser guard would have come from the Carlton factory at Worksop as it was specific to the US export market Raleigh Professional MkV...mind you I've changed the saddle so I can now attach a big fat saddle bag to hide my skinny back end...I've got a headache now. .
IMG_20220414_132410_HDR.jpg Screenshot_2023-01-30-06-25-47.png TH_Raleigh_Cat_78_5_LG.jpg

Last edited:
As I suspected, I believe both of those hanger options are a teeeeensie bit thick to fit in the frame slot.

@vcballbat I have a pair of Raleigh branded Weinmann c/pull calipers if you change your mind.
Many thanks for the kind offer but feel that I should keep it original. When I first got the bike i did consider a Campagnolo upgrade but with a standard reach the front caliper was still too short. I remember my first new racing bike a Dawes Chevron had Weinnman 730's on steel rims, with alloy rims and modern brake pads they feel much better... 20211119_150312.jpg

Back