Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Just joined the forum as I have a Dyna Tech 19" polished Torus frame hanging in my garage that used to be my race bike back in the 90's. I was going to sell but am now thinking to building it back up. I bought it in 1996/7 I think.... can't remember as I am getting on now, I remember it costing £650.00 as I had it polished, extra 50 quid, took me forever to save for it. I built it with carbon leg Amp Researh forks, Hope Hubs, Chris King no threadset, Royce BB with XT and Suntour microdrive chainset. It came in at a touch below 19lbs which in those days was light.

A question if I may? Could someone point me in the right direction of finding its age etc, I may retro it or turn it into a gravel bike.... Will add some photos when I can work out how.
If its a 90s sd build it will have a letter at the beginning of the frame number
A-90
B-91
C-92

Etc etc

Really nice. Are these some of the last models to be branded Dyna-Tech? They start to share some of the features of the first Mtrax frames.
cheers yes Pretty sure these where some of the last bikes out of Raleigh branded as Dyna-tech sadly just pure quality I think love these bikes

cheers yes Pretty sure these where some of the last bikes out of Raleigh branded as Dyna-tech sadly just pure quality I think love these bikes
Yep, even the top end Mtrax doesn’t seem close to the class of the Dyna-Tech range. I had a low end Mtrax back in the day and it doesn’t compare.

The Torus was Dyna-Tech which followed on from the bonded frames. By 96 M-Trax had diluted the legacy and Raleigh had managed to piss on its chips.

Beautiful frame. I had a Dynatech Pro for a while before being run over and snapping the frame in half! It was a later model than yours though without that lovely wishbone. A very nice ride it was too.

definitely makes you wonder especially now the athertons are now using the bonding and lug process on there ti and carbon race bikes something Raleigh was doing 30 years ago just makes you appreciate how special these bikes are

Back