Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Just picked up a dynatech frame/ forks and zoom quill stem for a whooping £1.38, if any has any additional info on it will be much appreciated, it's cromo tubing but stickers brand it as Raleigh rather than Reynolds, big cheese says it may be more special than all appears View attachment 631116View attachment 631117View attachment 631118
Same paintwork/decals as featured on my 1995 DynaTech Road bike that's frame/fork was custom built for an ex-manager (yes it's now a retromod build with modern bits)... whats stamped on the underside of your bottom bracket - mine has the staff members name? 20220521_145732.jpg

Same paintwork/decals as featured on my 1995 DynaTech Road bike that's frame/fork was custom built for an ex-manager (yes it's now a retromod build with modern bits)... whats stamped on the underside of your bottom bracket - mine has the staff members name?View attachment 631866
IMG_20220601_141627_492.jpg IMG_20220601_141618_849.jpg IMG_20220601_141611_401.jpg
That's everything that's stamped onto the bottom bracket, can't decifer what any of it means so of anybody knows it will be gratefully received

Cheers keith

Just worked out by reading online that the "A" means it's a 1990 special Division build, but still none the wiser about other numbers

Just worked out by reading online that the "A" means it's a 1990 special Division build, but still none the wiser about other numbers
It's definitely not as early as 1990, more likely a 93/94 model. I have seen one similar before but can't remember where unfortunately. Given it has a basic cromo tubed frame it's not one of their high end models, more towards the lower end of the range.

It's definitely not as early as 1990, more likely a 93/94 model. I have seen one similar before but can't remember where unfortunately. Given it has a basic cromo tubed frame it's not one of their high end models, more towards the lower end of the range.
1995 Team Raleigh from the 1995 catalogue, Cromo frame, zoom stem, same cable routing, colour, rear brake bridge etc. I’ve no doubt that was the top model in that range. Dyna-Tech I think had become M-Trax by the this point and was a different range entirely. Happy to be corrected!

5C19E3FA-CAE5-4843-BD8E-5FA5E9080686.jpeg

My thoughts are that it's a 1994-1995 model bike, one of the ones they produced when transitioning between Dynatech and M-Trax branding. Tubeset doesn't appear overly exotic imo, hard to tell from the pics but think your decals (like mine) say 'TEAM Raleigh' on them? I know the paintwork and decals on mine was the same that was used on the actual teams bikes that were used in Tour De France etc, without yours having a riders name stamped anywhere on it then i'm guessing it might be a basic model, that was made to look like some of the more higher-spec ones. I know they did this in earlier years on some of the yellow/blue/orange paint schemes, some even said 'Team Raleigh' on those but they were far from team bikes.

This is the info I was going off so that's why I assumed it was 1990 Screenshot_20220601-151121.png

1995 Team Raleigh from the 1995 catalogue, Cromo frame, zoom stem, same cable routing, colour, rear brake bridge etc. I’ve no doubt that was the top model in that range. Dyna-Tech I think had become M-Trax by the this point and was a different range entirely. Happy to be corrected!

View attachment 632042
bang on - theory proved correct - this is a more basic model with basic groupset etc, but marketed as 'team' to try and sell more I guess.

This is the info I was going off so that's why I assumed it was 1990View attachment 632043
I can see how you’ve arrived at that as yours does have an A on the bottom bracket. I’m not an expert but I think this covers Dyna-Tech, M-Trax and then the RSP brands. They appear in sequence on bottom bracket (at least they do on the bikes I’ve got!) So would expect to see the A immediately followed by 5 numbers.

I’ve got a 1994 bike the only one I could get the camera to bottom bracket of

8106EF38-1DDA-40EA-AB91-1BF80DAB0E54.jpeg

Anyway, I like the look of the one you’ve got. Reminds me of my M-Trax from moons ago, can’t go wrong for what you paid for it. What’s the plan?

Back