Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

First things first the XC60 is not an mtb, it is a hybrid bike with 700c wheels. So the geometry and intended use is different.

I suspect the tubes are of a different diameter and maybe only 1 or 2 in the main triangle of XC60 are ti??

Maybe there is more information available in the test if the catalog?

Anyway, if you want a hybrid style bike ok, if you want an MTB it isn't one
Cheers Rich

Thanks again, Rich!

I'll think about it and might look for tests!

Best
Julius

Good day Raleigh Dyna Tech friends,

this is my first post - thanks for having me here.

Recently I was offered a Raleigh Dyna Tech MTB with the model name XC60. I found a catalogue scan, naming a frame material called "Dual Technology Titanium CroMo Composite".

My question is, what does that mean? I suppose that the main tubes are not made of titanium, because then the designation of the frame material would be probably something like "Titanium Main Tubes" as seen on the page of the model "Ogre" in the same catalogue.

So what is the mysterious "Dual Technology Titanium CroMo Composite" really about?

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards
Julius
Hello good evening and welcome.

I was searching around t'internet and came across boy"O"boy's thread on his Endeavour X 2 and hadn't realised I was sitting on such a rarity. I am in fact the proud owner of a Dyna-Tech Endeavour 18" full campag spec with Thor rims. I did change out the twist grips for campag thumbshifters way back when, swapped out the bars for a wider Zoom model and took off the Girvin flexstem (think I might still have the flexstem and original bar knocking around somewhere) but other than that it's still the original spec, including saddle. Even got the original inflator for the saddle although the rubber is a starting to perish and split where the tube connects.

I was searching around t'internet and came across boy"O"boy's thread on his Endeavour X 2 and hadn't realised I was sitting on such a rarity. I am in fact the proud owner of a Dyna-Tech Endeavour 18" full campag spec with Thor rims. I did change out the twist grips for campag thumbshifters way back when, swapped out the bars for a wider Zoom model and took off the Girvin flexstem (think I might still have the flexstem and original bar knocking around somewhere) but other than that it's still the original spec, including saddle. Even got the original inflator for the saddle although the rubber is a starting to perish and split where the tube connects.
Would be great to see some photos!

If anyone is interested I have posted pics on boy"O"boy's thread on his Endeavour X 2 to try and keep it all in one place

Here she is. I took a punt based on poor pictures, bought her in the dark without giving her a once over. Risky, risky, risky.......

Turns out it was worth a punt. It is an M-trax 700 from the early 90s. I wonder how she will look in the morning light?

She is now at home absorbing penetrating oil, with some slight movement on the seatpost evident already 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_215753235.jpg
    IMG_20220329_215753235.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 41
Can anyone tell me if this is worth a punt? I know these are all at least pretty good frames while some are on another level entirely. Which is this?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back