Phillip "Pipmeister" MOCK KONA GURU AND LEGEND

I learned a huge amount from Pip's posts -- not just his meticulous research on everything Kona, but also from his builds, which were sympathetic but with practical use of modern tech -- and always with a view to actually riding the bike. All round, a classy dude.

Only just seen this. How sad.

I was lucky enough to correspond with Pip a couple of times on riding motorcycles. A humble inquiring mind with no pretensions, and always a pleasure to read his thoughts. I didn't know him other than this, but have read many of his posts, and admired his bravery when addressing his final battle.

Like FairfaxPat and CaptainCowelly he was an asset to Retrobike and I, as little as I knew him, will miss him.

Your fight is over brave warrior.
Rest In Peace.
Ride Safe Pip.

And as I lay there gazing at the sky
My body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone
Without a tear, I draw my parting groan

The Trooper- Iron Maiden.

Last edited:
Good afternoon all..
Pips sister Hilly text me yesterday with an update...
Friday 22nd April 2022 at West Berkshire Crematorium, Thatcham RG19 4LD.
After the service she would like all of his friends to join the family at a local venue to celebrate Pip.
She will be preparing a tribute and has asked if anybody here would like to make some suggestions.

This is written with a heavy heart😪....I am afraid I wont be there as I am already attending a funeral for a former shift colleague here in Plymouth. This funeral was arranged 2 weeks ago and I have given my word to the family that I will attend.

This is a great shame as I would have liked to meet Hilly, her Husband and people from " Retrobike" who can attend.

So just to recap..if any of you have something you want me to pass on please do

take are all

Ernie

Last edited:
Back