BoTM BoTM May 2022 nominations - Kona Special, dedicated to the memory of @pipmeister

Bike of The Month

raidan73

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
This months we're having a Kona special - dedicated to our own Phillip "pipmeister" Mock, who sadly passed away in March. Pip's dedication to the history of the Kona brand and the collating of information and serial numbers on this site is known to most I'm sure and May's competition is a nod to Pip and all his hard work.

NOTE: Of course any Kona that falls within the rules can be entered but for this month only you can enter even if it has been submitted before, as long as it hasn't already won

Credit goes to @My_Teenage_Self for the idea. Thanks Steve :)

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. @al's 1995 weird bouncy thing
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!
Link to all the rules http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

Nominations thread will run for the entire month. Entries submitted after May 31st will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Last edited:
Great idea, cheers @raidan73 & @My_Teenage_Self 👍

I'll probably throw my Campag Kona into the mix - but I'm can't remember if it's met it's two competition entries already, is there a way I can check?

I believe you've only entered once but unfortunately it was a special month, 'Steel Steeds' back in Feb 2021. However I have revised the first post making yours, and others, eligible to enter

I believe you've only entered once but unfortunately it was a special month, 'Steel Steeds' back in Feb 2021. However I have revised the first post making yours, and others, eligible to enter
Ah yes I think you're right - couldn't remember if it was a normal month or a special, but did lead to being a 'Bridesmaid' too - which I'm counting as a second entry (I guess).
Anyway - will dig the old girl out, take her for a spin and enter with some fresh pics in memory of Pip 👍

Don't worry about the Bridesmaid competition, it's just a bit of fun and doesn't count as an entry

Back