Old Nikon cameras

Re:

Been looking at these. Do they feel as nice as they look? Have a canon g10 and a Ricoh cx2 as compacts st present. Fancy the retro styling.

Re:

I think so. The camera feels pretty solid and the picture quality is very very good. The only thing I'm finding difficult to get my head around the many settings you can customise within the camera menu - it's like a SLR. My other digital cameras are like 6 years old and very basic by comparison to the Fuji. My brother uses the higher model Fuji X100 and the XT-1 SLR lookalike and he's neglected all his Nikon gear now!!

Re:

I have a Canon AE1 Program and Nikons first digital camera attempt both gathering dust in the attic If you are interested
I currently use a D80

Re: Re:

captaincosmic":2mn0np46 said:
I have a Canon AE1 Program and Nikons first digital camera attempt both gathering dust in the attic If you are interested
I currently use a D80
SNAP! No pun, I've got a A1 and a T90 doing the same :?

Re:

Just recently added two Nikon cameras to the collection. First one is the 70's era iconic F2 all manual camera built like a tank and the other is the 80's era F3P edition which at the time of introduction was only available to press photographers. Difference to the standard model is more robust build (titanium prism housing and body plates) and better seals to shield against the elements. Attached to it is the motordrive that allowed it to shoot 6 frames per second which was like a machine gun in it's day. Currently I still waiting in the post for a motordrive for the F2 from the US. I used the very same model F2 back in the early 90's working for a London photo agency and remember covering a 24 hour motorcycle race south of France and having very sore shoulders afterwards. They were bleeding heavy!

Attachments

• f3P.jpg
    f3P.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 4,732
  • f2s.jpg
    f2s.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 4,732
  • f2_f3.jpg
    f2_f3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 4,657
Ritz":uv8lr654 said:
I've given up on digital and gone back to 35mm and 120mm film, mostly black and white.
Where do you buy your film?

That F2 looks nice, I think I need one!
Does the Photomic head hold all the meter stuff?

I've an F3, F4s and and F5. All built like tanks and weigh about the same, especially the F5 it's silly heavy. The F5 also does 8fps and is like a machine gun. But I use my Leica M6 more as it's not quite as heavy and smaller.

F4's and F5s are tanks. I still think the F3 is the neatest of designs and most comfortable in the hand. The F2 with the MD is similar to the F4/F5.
I used my D3 at Mountain Mayhem and it reminded me of the F4/F5 and why I moved to the F100 when it came out and now predominately Fuji XPro1 or XT1.
Still love the old Nikons though!

I just looked up the weight of the F5 body, 1210g (42.7oz) that's without batteries and it takes 8 AA's which average about 25g each. Yes the F3 is the most manageable and look good when they're word and the brass shows through.

Back