New Project - Fat Chance Yo Eddy Team in Grello/blue

tigern":aw36inut said:
I like the black chainrings as well!

The Odyssey looks not bad at all, i would drop it a bit more, i really like a low front end. Did they make the Odyssey with no-rise as well?

Thanks buddy :)

I'm not sure but if image they did make the Odyssey in flat as well. I have found the Salsa stem which the 91 catalogue shows, I'm sure it'll look almost the same as this stem in reality but I'll try it and see which gives the best fit.

Re: Re:

Minifreak":3fqqp0dx said:
M-Power":3fqqp0dx said:
Yeah 3DV clashes a bit imo, another thumbs up for either black rings or black cranks to keep the look. Those bars look better with a Syncros stem though. Gorgeous bike that lives upto the ride quality hype.

I have a Syncros stem by its zero rise with no noodle. If I could for MF one with a noodle and rise I'd probably go for Syncros. I have however tracked down a Salsa which may replace the Odyssey. A black bar shim may help the look so might give that a go.

I guess the 3dv is love or hate. I've never wanted it on any of my bikes before but to me it works here. Of course I may change my mind, easy enough to change if I get sick of it.

Nice 135mm noodle Syncros stem avail from Yanee71 in FS section. Tempted myself but it would only be for show. I cant ride pure rigid anymore :LOL: Had the full 3DV on Ti bike combo bitd and i love the look of it on a grey/pure white bike.

M-Power":w6mawgfl said:
Minifreak":w6mawgfl said:
M-Power":w6mawgfl said:
Yeah 3DV clashes a bit imo, another thumbs up for either black rings or black cranks to keep the look. Those bars look better with a Syncros stem though. Gorgeous bike that lives upto the ride quality hype.

I have a Syncros stem by its zero rise with no noodle. If I could for MF one with a noodle and rise I'd probably go for Syncros. I have however tracked down a Salsa which may replace the Odyssey. A black bar shim may help the look so might give that a go.

I guess the 3dv is love or hate. I've never wanted it on any of my bikes before but to me it works here. Of course I may change my mind, easy enough to change if I get sick of it.

Nice 135mm noodle Syncros stem avail from Yanee71 in FS section. Tempted myself but it would only be for show. I cant ride pure rigid anymore :LOL: Had the full 3DV on Ti bike combo bitd and i love the look of it on a grey/pure white bike.

Just messaged him but I think the quill is 1" (25.4, so for a 1 1/8" steerer, not 22.2" for the 1" steerer the Fat has).
Thanks for pointing it out and fingers crossed.

Pretty sure its a 1in quill type ( came off another Yo ) with uber rare noodle and sensible length 135mm - rocking horse doodad :LOL:

M-Power":uotyys7r said:
Pretty sure its a 1in quill type ( came off another Yo ) with uber rare noodle and sensible length 135mm - rocking horse doodad :LOL:

Found a Salsa roller at 135 with a roller and a bit of rise, seller has asked £125 posted. It looks almost identical to the Odyssey Pro.

Problem I have is I like the fit and rise of what I have now but it does look rather skinny. The catalogue for 91 shows a skinny Salsa roller stem but this is not a catalogue spec. I suppose with a Syncros bar and Seatpost I should go with a matching stem :facepalm:

Minifreak":8ngjl2kt said:
M-Power":8ngjl2kt said:

Found a Salsa roller at 135 with a roller and a bit of rise, seller has asked £125 posted. It looks almost identical to the Odyssey Pro.

Problem I have is I like the fit and rise of what I have now but it does look rather skinny. The catalogue for 91 shows a skinny Salsa roller stem but this is not a catalogue spec. I suppose with a Syncros bar and Seatpost I should go with a matching stem :facepalm:

I have always dug a Syncros post, Syncros bar/stem combo and maybe Rev cranks or maybe go IRD black post with Salsa stem. The earlier Yos have thicker Yo forks which look so nice and balance the fatter Syncros stem methinks.

Minifreak":1yui5j74 said:
You've convinced me to atleat buy the Syncros and try it for fit M-Power ;)

Love those noodle Syncros stems :cool: Dont forget a detailed ride report ;) Fuxx knows you and Mr Ship have had enough dream retro rigs to compare it against :LOL:

M-Power":32n17zik said:
Minifreak":32n17zik said:
You've convinced me to atleat buy the Syncros and try it for fit M-Power ;)

Love those noodle Syncros stems :cool: Dont forget a detailed ride report ;) Fuxx knows you and Mr Ship have had enough dream retro rigs to compare it against :LOL:

Just waiting on new Shimano gear cables and a pack of silver outer cable ends to arrive and then I can finish her, for now anyway as I am possibly buying a load of Suntour XC Pro for the mechs, shifters, brakes and chainset.

Really looking forward to taking her out for an all day ride soon.

I have been very lucky and built and owned some lovely bikes but think I've settled on my five keepers for now anyway :LOL:

Back