My PEUGEOT Collection - One bike at a time

I have a new bike, the seller said it was a Peugeot bike. Can you guys help me to identify this peugeot series of my bike? This bike has been repainted and redecaled which does not match the original. I want to know if this is a Peugeot bike or not

Hard to tell, can share a photograph close up of the rear seat stay and quick release for the seat (read cable hanger and QR for the seat). As these are distinct to Peugeots around 1988 to 1994.

Hard to tell, can share a photograph close up of the rear seat stay and quick release for the seat (read cable hanger and QR for the seat). As these are distinct to Peugeots around 1988 to 1994.
Is that clear enough?

Attachments

• 580B707F-B47F-48B2-A851-CF8A4E6E48B0.jpeg
    580B707F-B47F-48B2-A851-CF8A4E6E48B0.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 38
Pretty sure that's not a Peugeot. The cwelding should be smooth (internal and the cluster doesn't look right, but I'm sure the OP can give you a more authorative answer.

I had the Peugeot Trail (bright pink/black)
wow, that brings back memories! My first MTB was a Peugeot with a black & pink fade, bought in 1989. I can't remember the name but I guess it was a Trail.

The Team Peugeot bike is a stunner. How much did they retail for BITD?

wow, that brings back memories! My first MTB was a Peugeot with a black & pink fade, bought in 1989. I can't remember the name but I guess it was a Trail.

The Team Peugeot bike is a stunner. How much did they retail for BITD?
Yes the 1989 pink / black fade was a Peugeot Trail... then the year after they made it all pink, then changed the name to the Raider. My first MTB too 😁 . Not entirely sure on the Peugeot Team bike BITD price. Probably circa £595ish

Reactions: JCS
Is that clear enough?

Sorry no, i tried zooming in too... I cant make out the brake arch design.

Its the arch to the brake that matters most. If the arch is flat steel bent round (and not cylindrical / tubular in shape) then its more likely a Peugeot frame.

The seat QR has a brazed on fitting which looks correct for the medium to higher end Peugeot frames, but the Braze on looks unusually high? They used to break, so were repaired by many people. This could be the case here?

Lastly the cable routing braze ons on the top tube are in the wrong place for a Peugeot frame.

Apologies not good news = So at this stage I'm not convinced it is a Peugeot frame.☹️

But the paint job and decals look great👍

Last edited:
Hi all, next up! realising I missed my latest Peugeot find and restoration. So, adding it now a bit late. Found on Ebay 6mths ago = Peugeot Grisley Team (no. 585). From around 1994ish… This team line frame is aluminum tubes and lugs, which are bonded. The lugs were prone to corroding under the lacquer as you can see, but structurally fine.

A full strip down and rebuild, Rockshox fork service done and its tided up rather nicely. A bit battle scared, but lovely non the less. Featuring a mix of Shimano XT and Ritchey components. Potentially a good pub run bike as the components are in good condition, and I don't mind it getting marked/scuffed! :LOL:

PugTeam-05.jpg

PugTeam-08.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back