My PEUGEOT Collection - One bike at a time

My next restoration will be a Peugeot Raider (bottom of the range) that was almost my first MTB. Actually the first MTB was a Peugeot Trail, had it 8mths then the frame got swapped out to a Raider frame as the paint work was faulty. The Raider (with Trail parts) was used in my first MTB race, and luckily a fellow friend had a photo of me doing the river crossing with it from circa 1989-90ish we think. When river crossings really were river crossing and no health or safety - lol

As much time & pride will go into a full resto of the Raider as did the Team get... despite it being entry level. Trail-Race.jpg

Last edited:
Nice collection!
I do like to see dedication to a cause and this one is as worthy as any other.
I've got a Sahara sitting in the loft. I keep meaning to do something with it but it's been there in bits for 10 years now! 😳

Lovely bikes and together they make for a beautiful collection, they really do look like nothing else.

I just bought a Surfer to restore (thread linked below), as a Peugeot aficionado I'd really appreciate any insights, advice, tips or information you may be able to offer in regards to that particular bikes restoration, also particularly interested in anything related to the bikes history, which so far I've been unable to dig up.

Nice thread. I had a couple of Pugs bitd, don’t remember the name of the first one (white with red fade front/rear) which had the frame damaged by a faulty brake, the shop transplanted all the parts onto another frame, dark grey metallic with chrome forks called an Alpina.

Lovely bikes and together they make for a beautiful collection, they really do look like nothing else.

I just bought a Surfer to restore (thread linked below), as a Peugeot aficionado I'd really appreciate any insights, advice, tips or information you may be able to offer in regards to that particular bikes restoration, also particularly interested in anything related to the bikes history, which so far I've been unable to dig up.

Hi, thanks for posting on my Peugeot collection thread before... appreciate the comments. Regarding your Peugeot Surfer model you have purchased? My friend had exactly that bike at the same time I had my Peugeot Trail / Raider combo. I remember it well, so it would have been about 1988/99ish time wise. It was widely available in UK, more of a special edition as it did not appear in the main catalogue, only as a supplement leaflet. Your whole bike looks period correct except for the tyres (no surprises there). So its an excellent find in my eyes. And sourcing the right tyres can be done by buy another Peugeot with them on if you want to complete the period look.

My next restoration will be a Peugeot Raider (bottom of the range) that was almost my first MTB. Actually the first MTB was a Peugeot Trail, had it 8mths then the frame got swapped out to a Raider frame as the paint work was faulty. The Raider (with Trail parts) was used in my first MTB race, and luckily a fellow friend had a photo of me doing the river crossing with it from circa 1989-90ish we think. When river crossings really were river crossing and no health or safety - lol

As much time & pride will go into a full resto of the Raider as did the Team get... despite it being entry level.View attachment 538111
I rode a Ythan CC organised race back at the end of '92. Memorable for the fact that it traversed cow shit strewn fields, then the rim deep cow shit filled farmyard, for 4 laps of muckery. Went from neon to brown and didn't dare take a drink from the bidon the whole way.

I have a new bike, the seller said it was a Peugeot bike. Can you guys help me to identify this peugeot series of my bike? This bike has been repainted and redecaled which does not match the original. I want to know if this is a Peugeot bike or not

Attachments

• 8BC57CE5-3CC8-446B-BB68-F5F7AAD46621.jpeg
    8BC57CE5-3CC8-446B-BB68-F5F7AAD46621.jpeg
    857 KB · Views: 46
  • 73354607-2974-4699-B2B9-1E707B49F075.jpeg
    73354607-2974-4699-B2B9-1E707B49F075.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 48
Back