My own personal holy grail.. pink MF Alu Pro

Even though the stem is branded Muddy Fox I'm sure that the cast metal 'swan neck' type stems pre-dated the welded tube type. Swan necks were generally on late 80's bikes, given this I would guess that yours has had either a stem swap or it's a very early one using up the last of the swan necks before the more modern stems were fitted as standard.

Re:

That's awesome, I brought one of these in the early 90's from a lad at school but when it arrived he'd swapped out all the nice parts, needless to say he go it back!

Fantastic! well done on finding your grail, I have this as one of my saved searches on eBay but as you say they never come up.

Look forward to seeing the progress.

Hotwheels.":2x2ynwo1 said:
Even though the stem is branded Muddy Fox I'm sure that the cast metal 'swan neck' type stems pre-dated the welded tube type. Swan necks were generally on late 80's bikes, given this I would guess that yours has had either a stem swap or it's a very early one using up the last of the swan necks before the more modern stems were fitted as standard.

I'd agree. Looks like it might have come off a Courier model or similar.

Once A Hero":fyqlgnof said:
Hotwheels.":fyqlgnof said:

I'd agree. Looks like it might have come off a Courier model or similar.

I’d ask Drew or Jeff, but they probably won’t remember ! I did show to Jeff when he popped in last wk. (He was Muddy foxes first rep)

It’s been painted yellow to macho the cables and decals, so it’s either fitted pre or post the catalog versions. Maybe they all came like this!?

That’s awesome, just convinced a buddy to buy a baby blue courier ........tbf wished I’d bought it....and all this muddy fox lust started with a tv programme ...it was to do with couriers riding round London ? Back when I was a kid. It was on after school but can never remember it ....they all had muddy fox.
Looking forward to see the restoration..

Back