KHS Montana Comp Build

Cheers for the encouragment! 👍 🙏

Time for some hardware installation!
IMG_7387.jpg

I need some of these! anyone!?!
canti bolt.jpg

Or similar proper canti bolts for the BR-MT62s, temporarily using some from a local hardware store.

IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

These BR-MT62s maybe slightly on the large side for this skinny frame,
but I do like them, I'll see how it all feels once cabled up.

and of course, Yeti grips, found these NOS on eBay.

20220705_164506.jpg
Though I do remember them getting really quite gross after a while!

But new - next to some push push MO71s, just beautiful!
IMG_7378.jpg

Last edited:
You're doing an excellent job they're Joel and it's good to see that you've caught the bug so quickly...... Carry on!

Cheers buddy! here's another update!

Had a bit of time to play with the bike today, I gave the front brake cable hanger a respray,
also got the brake and gear wires from Jagwire, so started stitching a few bits together.

20220708_134233.jpg
These seem good quality, a bit stingy on the brake cable ferrules though! I rode the Pro to halfords to get some more, but they were shut!
so can't do the rear brake today, but I've got the rest of the cables tentativley in place, front brake is working and feels marvellous!

IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7394-2.jpg
gears are moving in the right way, so far so good.

IMG_7395.jpg
came with these little rubber blobs, I guess they go here!

IMG_7400-2.jpg

as the frame is top pull, and I only had a DX bottom pull mech, and couldn't find a DX top pull 28.6, well I did find one expensive NOS, but decided instead to get this M901 for the same kinda money, first step towards team Team!

IMG_7373.jpg

Hopefully I can get it all playing nicely next week once I get the chain, cassette and bottom bracket, and a few other bits that are on route, should be able to test ride it soon! 👊

Last edited:
Those grips are definitely the originals. This is the only bike I have ever bought new so I can be 100% sure. I will be following this with a lot of interest!

Never ridden a Montana comp but always liked the look of them … one day maybe 😁 re rust pitting… high build primer should cover it. May need more than one flash 😉

Watching the Tour de France this year made me smile to see it's taken the roadie scene 29 years and an expensive collaboration to realise how awesome this colour scheme was...

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 13.18.14.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 13.18.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 13.18.14.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 1
Never ridden a Montana comp but always liked the look of them … one day maybe 😁 re rust pitting… high build primer should cover it. May need more than one flash 😉
Ah thanks, interesting, I'll try to salvage it, though I'll need replacement decals, I think I saw some on eBay.

Can take my time with that job anyway now since I removed the rusty KHS stem and fitted this lovely Zoom Competition quill, as per the Team original spec. Absolutely delighted!

Before:
IMG_7394-2.jpg
After:
IMG_7409.jpg
IMG_7403.jpg

Last edited:
Back