Is BOTM too elitist??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is too elitist, just look at this months title for crying out loud.

It's the most snobby part of this site IMO, a stuffy sycophantic old boys club, same old usual suspects rolling out the same bikes they roll out on countless forums across the globe, who contribute little to the overall site, showcasing bikes i dont like and have no interest in, occasionally running a token gesture category so accusations of elitism can be feebly refuted, where no one votes because its boring, and the bikes arent even ridden, boring boring boring.....

and breathe

;)

Charlieboy28":2asvlv0i said:
.... and the bikes arent even ridden, boring boring boring.....
again these allegations ... I think that's more boring!

Don't hate the player, hate the game ....you're here because you also play in this game ;)

...how about doing it buy original purchase price, not the cost it took to buy/build. For example £0-£500, £500-£1000 etc and then the "super" over £2000 category. Or alternatively what about by year?

wookiee":32ewrgpb said:
...how about doing it buy original purchase price, not the cost it took to buy/build. For example £0-£500, £500-£1000 etc and then the "super" over £2000 category.....?
nonsense! ...it's just good as it is. This diversity makes this forum alive and well ..and i love it :D

Charlieboy28":ucrrml6w said:
a stuffy sycophantic old boys club, same old usual suspects rolling out the same bikes they roll out on countless forums across the globe, who contribute little to the overall site, showcasing bikes i dont like and have no interest in

Too right!!!

What we need is a BOTM competition where proper people from the UK's heartland show off fuzzy photos of affordable bikes made great through the addition of coloured anodized parts.

Entry would be limited to those stout burghers who have made a significant and risible contribution (say 1000 guffaw-inducing posts) to the site's off-topic forums on a variety of subjects, not limited to old bikes.

Now that would be a competition!!!!! ;)

doctor-bond":2mecj3qe said:
Charlieboy28":2mecj3qe said:
a stuffy sycophantic old boys club, same old usual suspects rolling out the same bikes they roll out on countless forums across the globe, who contribute little to the overall site, showcasing bikes i dont like and have no interest in

Too right!!!

What we need is a BOTM competition where proper people from the UK's heartland show off fuzzy photos of affordable bikes made great through the addition of coloured anodized parts.

Entry would be limited to those stout burghers who have made a significant and risible contribution (say 1000 guffaw-inducing posts) to the site's off-topic forums on a variety of subjects, not limited to old bikes.

Now that would be a competition!!!!! ;)

at last , a man of vision, well said that man :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm with Dr Bond on this one ;) I might even be in with a chance

have a wast of money/made me cry theme.
xtr, pauls equipped activator.
shimano ty20 equipped adroit
:D :D :LOL:

Chute55uk":1fkib0ir said:
have a wast of money/made me cry theme.
xtr, pauls equipped activator.
shimano ty20 equipped adroit
:D :D :LOL:

DrystonePaul would have a hernia at the wasteful use of TY20 and 100GS component, it'll never happen.

But get a head star with the DSP Special ebay search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back