Is BOTM too elitist??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as elitist at all.
I would like to see one new rule added though;
One of the entries pictures must be of the bike being riden. With both wheels in the air adding automatic bonus votes.

I'll enter my 98 model "TreKlein" if it'll attract protest votes ;)

It's dripping in parts that would give a purist a heart attack (Acor, Kenda, DNP, Falcon) and would be the cheapest bike entered by a factor of 3 or 4.

trail_head":2kiucm9n said:
One of the entries pictures must be of the bike being riden. With both wheels in the air adding automatic bonus votes.
especially if you are silhouetted against the moon..
and a pannier on the front..

oh hang on, getting in to PotM territory now.

Personally I think ALL entries for BotM should have and be linked to their respective 'Readers MTB' post for that bike, including in the poll.

I don't bother voting much anymore as they're just pictures and you never get to read about it and see the detail.

trail_head":1dix5kmo said:

I'm with you, my friend, but that would stir rebellion somewhere to the left of Poland, to the right of Belgium and to the north of Switzerland. Maybe it will lead to NOS M900 XTR and Attitude prices climb even more than the stratosphere they're at now. I'm just saying...

Mx

trail_head":1f6pk9as said:

problem
you need some mates to take the pics
that rules me out

toaster999":18jn4cli said:
I know other more normal brands have won like ...
I'm just saying ...without these 3 brands many forums would not exist (it's a shame but is just the bitter truth)

makster":16e3l90p said:
Not at all.
I think this is a classic example of why not.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... hlight=c26
The money and time spent on the C26, and it still didn't win outright.
it's just an exception when a FAT, KLEIN or Yeti wins the competition (but logically not this month :))
because they are simply too expensive for the mass (but if you got one and ride it you know why)

..I think the C26 has not won, because it wasn't built entirely consequence (bars, stem, fork ...) and these shortcomings have seen the people too.

I don't think it's an elitist competition, but it does appear that unless a bike is nut and bolt period perfect, then you have not got a chance.

I've entered several different bikes, both road and mtb.

All of my bikes are very carefully put together, taking colour, age, use, practicality and many other aspects into consideration to end up with what I think is a complete and practical / ride-able bike.

Obviously no one else sees what I do, as I never get any votes at all. :roll:

highlandsflyer":1pldmrfn said:
I would be interested to see more bikes that have lived with their owners a while rather than were acquired for a 'build' with the intention of show and shining.

sounds like any of my bikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back