Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Well look at you Dave, straight in contributing to the two most important threads - the folding and the hippie one.

That's one hell of a beast there. Electric I take it? I've seen a lot of electric riders swear by my beloved Nexus 3, and I see you do too. It handles high torque scarily well for a cheap minimal hub gear.

Ground clearance wouldn't get you far on a bumpy road :D

Well look at you Dave, straight in contributing to the two most important threads - the folding and the hippie one.

That's one hell of a beast there. Electric I take it? I've seen a lot of electric riders swear by my beloved Nexus 3, and I see you do too. It handles high torque scarily well for a cheap minimal hub gear.

Ground clearance wouldn't get you far on a bumpy road :D
Hey thx. Yes I find the nexus 3 speed hub pairs great with a bafang mid drive. I’ve had no issues running a 48 v 750watt so far.

Hey thx. Yes I find the nexus 3 speed hub pairs great with a bafang mid drive. I’ve had no issues running a 48 v 750watt so far.
Yeah the Nexus 3 is surprisingly resilient. Which is both shocking and fantastic. It's my favourite hub gear but it's also considered a "crude" "commuter level" piece of shit by most, but if it can handle ebike torques, it's probably better than any cheap freehub nevermind many IGH.

Back